Celebrating 100 years of hostelling 1909 - 2009
Terms and conditions
Your movie masterpiece
- Videos must be less than 1 minute long.
- Video entries must be original works and must be submitted by the creator.
- You are permitted to enter only one video. Spam postings will result in all your entries being removed.
- To qualify, all material needs to be suitable for general viewing. YHA Australia reserves the right to remove any videos deemed inappropriate.
- Before you submit, please check that all contributions to your film or recordings, and any copyright material included in them, have been cleared for all purposes. You need to ensure that you have permission from actors, location owners and songwriters in order to include them in your film. By submitting your entry you are confirming that you have all relevant permissions.
- YHA reserves the right to remove or refuse any entry at its discretion.
- By submitting a video entry, you are granting YHA a perpetual permission to publish it online or in promotional materials in the future, such as DVDs or teasers.
- You confirm that you own all copyright in the submitted film or that you have permission from the copyright owner to enter into this agreement on their behalf.
- You are granting YHA permission to publish your full name on its website, and in any third party media.
- You are granting YHA permission to use footage from your prize trip and related adventure activities for promotional purposes.
- YHA reserves the right to publish your submission and your name for publicity purposes in all media without any payment to you
- The promoter of the competition is YHA Australia PO BOX A2462 Sydney South, NSW 1235.
- By entering the competition, the entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and agrees that the decision of YHA Australia is binding and final.
- The promotion commences at 12.00 am (Australian Eastern Standard Time) on 1 May 2009 and closes at 11.55 pm (Australian Eastern Standard Time) on 15 July 2009. A judging panel of the 'YHA Australia 100 Years of Hostelling Committee' will determine the winner based on the skill of the entrant and the creativity and originality of the entry on 22 July 2009 and notify the winner within 7 days.
- The competition is not open to employees or agents of YHA Australia or any affiliated companies or subsidiaries or any third parties involved in the competition.
- The prize includes: a Greyhound Aussie Highlights bus pass; a return economy flight Melbourne-Hobart; 100 accommodation vouchers for YHA hostels in Australia, a Nullarbor Traveller 9-day Perth to Adelaide Adventure, An OzTracks rail pass courtesy of Great Southern Railways, 100 hours of internet time with YHA Connect, plus a one year YHA membership. It is recommended that bookings be made in advance for bus trips, flights and accommodation. YHA can assist with these bookings.
- Accommodation is multishare only, and no more than three nights can be spent at any one property.
- The winner will be required to make their own arrangements for travel to and from a starting point of Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth or Brisbane.
- The judges' decision is final.
- There is no cash prize alternative.
- The prize is not transferable and will only be given to the winner. If the winner is unable to abide by these terms and conditions, or is unable to travel on the dates in question, an alternative winner will be chosen.
- The winner will be notified by the email address provided to firstname.lastname@example.org. The winner shall be given seven calendar days from the date of notification to claim the prize. If the winner fails to respond in writing within this period, or chooses not to take up the prize, or fails to complete, execute and return any document required by YHA Australia, the winner shall be immediately disqualified from the competition and will relinquish any right or entitlement to prize. An alternative entrant will be selected as the winner.
- In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the individual that submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorised account holder of the e-mail or YouTube account.
- The entrant must be 18 years of age or over at the time of entry.
- The winner must be available to commence travel prior to or on October 1 2009.
- The winner is responsible for arranging a valid visa for travel to Australia. Please contact the Australian Consulate in your country to discuss your visa options. YHA Australia will not organise or offer any assistance with the procurement of visas, or enter into any correspondence regarding the matter of visas. If the winner is unable to secure an appropriate visa to enter Australia, the winner will relinquish all rights to the prize and an alternative winner will be selected.
- The winner should be aware that they will require access to their own sufficient spending money for the trip (recommended minimum AUD$5,000), including all optional activities and meals while on included tours, and any accommodation outside the 100 YHA accommodation vouchers provided.
- The winner must visit every State and Territory in Australia (namely, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Western Australia, Northern Territory and Tasmania).
- It is mandatory that the winner takes out comprehensive travel insurance at their own expense, including full medical, accident, sickness, travel and baggage insurance.
- YHA, its employees and agents accept no responsibility in any respect for any costs, claims, losses, damages or demands whether arising directly or indirectly from this competition.
- YHA, its employees and agents shall not be liable for any breach of its obligations resulting from causes beyond its reasonable control including but not limited to fires, strikes (of its own or other employees), insurrection or riots, embargoes, delays in transportation, requirements or regulations of any civil or military authority, computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or technical failure.
- YHA, its employees and agents accept no liability for technical or human errors of any kind that occur as a result of the competition.
- YHA may vary, withdraw or cancel the competition, including prizes, at any time whatsoever at its absolute discretion without liability. No correspondence will be entered into.