Check into Adelaide Central YHA and get a good night’s rest before a busy day tomorrow
Day 1: Flinders Ranges
We start our adventure travelling through the vineyards of the Clare Valley wine region. Soon enough the scenery changes as we enter into the rugged Outback through the Flinders Ranges. We enjoy an easy stroll through the awesome Alligator Gorge which during certain times of the year can be bursting with wildflowers. Tonight we camp out under the stars in comfortable swags.
Day 2: Coober Pedy
Today as we travel to Coober Pedy – the Opal Capital of the world, you will notice the incredible changing landscape that resembles Mars of the Moon. Keep and eye out for wildlife, such as Kangaroos, emus and eagles. Upon arrival into Coober Pedy we will experience an tour of an underground mine and the Opal Mining museum. There is also the chance to learn about the local Aboriginal people and their history at the Aboriginal Interpretive centre. There will also be time to explore this remarkable town both below and above the ground. Tonight we sleep as the locals do, underground.
Day 3: Uluru
It is a big day of driving today, up the Stuart Highway with several pit stops en route. Our mission today is to reach Uluru. Nothing will prepare you for the sight of the Rock as we approach. To top off l big day we experience our first awe inspiring sunset over Uluru, taking time to absorb the beauty and majesty of this place.
Day 4: Uluru
We start the day by learning about the region’s history at the Uluru Kata Tjuta Aboriginal Cultural Centre before taking an easy walk around the base of Uluru. It is a truly spectacular experience to walk around the base of Uluru. After our walk we can relax back at out camp and witness another brilliant Uluru sunset
Day 5: Kata Tjuta - The Olgas
This morning is an early morning but it is worth it to experience the glorious sunrise over Uluru. We hike to the lookouts around Kata Tjuta. We then continue onto the challenging but rewarding Valley of the winds hike. We they travel onto our camp and Kings Creek.
Day 6: Watarrka – Kings Canyon
Our last day is spent exploring Watarrka (Kings Canyon). It is truly spectacular and you will need to stop to admire and photograph the massive sandstone walls, vast canyon floor and the stunning gorges. Take it all in on the Canyon Rim Walk and then descend down into the beautiful Garden of Eden. After lunch we begin our journey into Alice Springs where you will be dropped off at the YHA for your final night of accommodation
December to March: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
April to November: Tuesday and Saturday.
First day of commencement for your package is the first night of accommodation at Adelaide Central YHA
- Package includes 2 FREE nights multishare accommodation. 1 night at Adelaide Central YHA before your tour and 1 night at Alice Springs YHA after your tour
- 6 day Rock Patrol Tour, with an experienced tour guide
- Pick up at Adelaide YHA and drop off at Alice Springs YHA
- All entrance fees and National Park Fees
- All meals whilst on tour
- Travel in a comfortable air conditioned coach
- Camp in swags under the stars
- Tour departs Adelaide Central YHA at 6:30am and arrives into Alice Springs on Day 6 at approximately 6:30pm
From 01 April 2015 until 31 March 2016
Some price options may not be available ad Tours & Activities must be booked at least five days prior to the end of their current season and not more than six months in advance.
Things you should know
Important Product Information
Cancellation and Amendment FeesCancellations:
Due to the discount offered and the structure of this package - it is non-refundable once confirmed.Amendments:
Each amendment (not cancellation) to the original booking, after confirmation will incur a fee of A$25 per person and per amendment.
Amendments are subject to availability.
General Terms and Conditions
- Your credit card will be debited upon completion of the online booking process. Your booking is guaranteed once you receive a confirmation email from a YHA Travel & Tours consultant.
- In the unlikely event we cannot confirm your booking, we will refund the total amount to the credit card with which payment has been made within 7 days. YHA Travel & Tours and its suppliers are not liable in the event a tour or package is not available, and any refunds are restricted to the purchase price of the tour or package booked.
- All prices quoted are in Australian Dollars.
- If you selected a YHA Member rate, then avalid YHA/Hostelling International membership card has to be presented for each person booked when checking in. If you are unable to join prior to arrival, you must purchase a membership upon arrival at the hostel, or pay the price difference between the member and standard rates,
- YHA Travel & Tours will aim to respond to your booking within 48 hours by email. However, in some instances (for example during long weekends or public holidays) the response time may vary.
- Please note that only some hostels are suitable for wheelchair access. If in doubt please contact the individual hostel.
- The responsibility of YHA Travel & Tours in connection with 'Travel Deals' is limited to the sale of accommodation only. The sale of other services as described in the Travel Deals products is made by YHA Travel & Tours as agent only for the persons providing such other services and upon the condition that YHA Travel & Tours shall not be liable for any accidents, loss, injury, delay or damage caused by or arising out of the provision of or failure to provide any other such service.
- YHA Travel & Tours believes that the content of this website is correct at the time of publishing, but all prices and services described herein are subject to change or withdrawal without notice.
- YHA Travel & Tours will be under no obligation to any person as a result of any inaccuracy or misdescription to provide any services set out herein.
Cancellations and Amendments
If you need to cancel or amend your booking after we have confirmed, please notify us immediately by email or fax. On the booking confirmation print-out, you can find the email contact details. If you cancel or amend your booking after we have confirmed or fail to arrive on the nominated day, we will charge you the fees outlined in the specific product conditions.
We strongly advise you purchase adequate travel insurance to safeguard against any losses.
All prices and information stated on this booking request are subject to change. Please note that every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of all information on this website. However, YHA Travel & Tours does not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions.
Personal information is collected by YHA to provide products or services to you. If you wish to read our Privacy Statement please click here.