GUEST CODE OF CONDUCT DURING COVID-19 PANDEMIC
During the current global COVID-19 Pandemic YHA requires our guests to adhere to any government regulations regarding social distancing and other health directives. Failure to follow these directives will result in eviction. Police have the power to issue on the spot fines to individuals who breach the temporary regulations.
To assist YHA in enforcing these regulations, the consumption of alcohol is to be limited by all guests to a drink with a meal. Consumption of alcohol after 9pm is not permitted. Box wine (goon) is not permitted at all.
Any guest who has tested positive for COVID-19 or is waiting for test results must inform property staff immediately.
The Federal and State Governments have issued regulations to restrict public movement and gatherings during the pandemic. This includes:
- Wear masks in common areas
- Maintain 1.5 metre distance between each person in shared areas (lounge, kitchen, lobby and shared bathrooms)
- Maintain 4 square metres per person in all shared areas. This may limit the number of people using a kitchen or lounge at the same time
- In Queensland, no more than 5 people in shared areas and no more than 10 people in outdoor areas
- No travel except for essential reasons. This means if you choose to check out of the property and travel for a non-essential reason, you will NOT be able to check back in
You must agree to abide by these regulations; the YHA Guest Code of Conduct and the Guest Code of Conduct during the Covid-19 Pandemic, if you wish to continue to stay at this hostel. Failure to do so will result in your eviction.
YHA is asking you to agree to this Code of Conduct so that we can keep you, fellow guests, our staff and the wider Australian community safe. Travellers staying at other hostels have breached the regulations and this has resulted in COVID-19 infections in those locations. The state health departments will close hostels if they are not meeting the regulations or if they pose a risk to public health.
To assist you in keeping to these regulations, YHA has:
- Reduced the number of guests per room in multi-share accommodation
- Removed furniture from common areas to reduce overcrowding
- Placed signs in the kitchen to tell you how we are limiting the number of users. Please follow these instructions.
YHA requires all guests and staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19.