- Australian Hostels
Thredbo Resort is running this year under processes that the government has signed off on to allow the season to proceed. This includes greatly reduced capacity across the resort.
See key information below and read full details here
• There will be daily capacity limits – up to 50% of the usual numbers
• There will be no snow play areas, no group ski lessons, and no events
• Anyone wanting to ski has to pre-purchase Lift Passes (day or multi-day) online here
• Ski pass numbers are capped each day and go on sale at 11.59pm on Wednesday 10 June
• Restaurants and cafes in the village will be open
YHA’s priority is to offer guests at the hostel a safe stay – you can read more here. Thredbo YHA will be open and managed to ensure all social distancing and hygiene requirements are met. Key changes are:
• Reduced occupancy in some room types to meet social distancing requirements
• A maximum number of people can use the kitchen and lounge area at any one-time
• Guests are asked to bring pre-prepared meals that just need heating up (extra microwaves will be available) so that all guests can access the kitchen at peak times
• An extra TV room will be open
• There is a self-contained apartment option with its own separate entrance – see hostel page for availability
• Guests are encouraged to download the COVIDSafe App
• Flexible cancellation conditions to encourage people not to travel if feeling unwell
Cancellations: This season is fully flexible, and our cancellation policy will be YHA’s normal terms:
• Your booking will be refunded in full if you cancel more than 7 days prior to arrival.
• If you cancel between 7 days and up to 24 hours prior to arrival, a 5% cancellation fee will be charged.
• If you cancel with less than 24 hours notice (6:00 pm day prior to arrival) or do not check in at the hostel, a cancellation fee equivalent to one nights' stay per person will be charged.
Here’s the fine print to read before you make a booking:
• There is a minimum 2-night stay
• Check in is from 4.30pm
• Check out by 10am
• Lockers are available for storage prior to check in and after check-out
• Family room rates are based on 1 or 2 adults and 1 to 3 children (17 yrs and under). If booked for all adults, the rate will be adjusted to full adult price and balance payable on arrival.
• There is no parking at the hostel, but a limited drop-off point for luggage, and then you park at the official car parks
• National Park entrance fee applies to all guests
What are you waiting for? BOOK NOW
Following COVID-19 guidelines on hygiene and distancing for a safe stay.