Magnetic Island YHA offers an educational platform to suit student groups from primary to tertiary education interests. Our on-site rangers offer a terrestrial based program focusing on island habitats, native wildlife and expedition style tours. This is offered together with our very own on-site Koala Sanctuary, and education deck purpose built for for student groups.
Education programs and components offered by Magnetic Island YHA include:
- 2 hour Koala Sanctuary interactive tour or breakfast with the Koalas
- Terrestrial Landscapes of Queensland and climate change on the Islands of Great Barrier Reef including an expedition walk into the National Park
- Guided walk to the Forts Walk – Spot koalas in the wild and learn about the WW2 history
- Guided walk exploring the habitats of the “Queensland Dry Tropics”
- Koala Population survey
- Reef Regeneration Program with Reef Eco Logic exploring fringing reefs and the 2050 Reef Sustainability Plan with a prominent Marine Biologist
- In conjunction with the Townsville City Council, exclusive access to the Historic Horseshoe Bay School House, used up until 1972, is available to our education groups. This one room school comes complete with computer and large screen TV, white boards and furniture.
For more information on these programs, and to get a specific quote for your group, just send us an enquiry below and we will get in touch.