In most cases*, if you cancel a confirmed booking giving:
More than 24 hours notice:
- Your hostel booking will be refunded, minus a 5% cancellation fee. In order to receive a refund, notice must be received by the hostel by 6pm local time, 24 hours prior to arrival.
- To cancel a booking, simply enter your Booking Reference Number on www.yha.com.au. This will show the details of your booking with the option to cancel at the bottom.
Less than 24 hours notice:
- A cancellation fee equivalent to one nights' stay per person is applicable. If you cancel within 24 hours you need to contact the hostel directly by phone or email. Please allow at least seven days for processing a refund.
No shows - If you do not cancel and do not check in on the first day of your booking:
- A cancellation fee equivalent to one nights' stay per person is applicable.
- If your booking is for more than one night, the hostel reserves the right to cancel the remainder of your booking and resell the bed/room.
* If you booked a special deal, package or booked a stay during a peak period or with a minimum nights' stay, please check the specific terms and conditions of the individual product. Some of these may be non-refundable or have other individual conditions. Special conditions apply for all bookings at Ayers Rock and Kings Canyon YHAs (72 hours cancellation notice is required). Conditions also apply at Thredbo YHA during ski season and Sydney hostels over New Years Eve. Please refer to the information sheet provided on the hostel details page. Explore properties may have individual terms and conditions.
Please allow at least seven days for processing a refund.
If you purchased a membership in conjunction with your hostel booking and cancel the reservation online, the hostel booking portion will be refunded, less the 5% cancellation fee. If you need to cancel your membership, please email email@example.com quoting your Booking Reference Number and the name associated with the membership.