Things to do in Perth City YHA
Perth is one of the fastest growing cities in Australia and is now more metropolitan and vibrant as ever so this is the perfect time to visit the sunniest state capital down under!
Explore the funky suburb of Northbridge with its alleys covered in coloured graffiti street art. Discover hip rooftop bars, late night café’s and urban food from all corners of the world.
For shopping you will love buzzing Murray and Hay Street or hop on a train to Oxford Street in Leederville or Beaufort Street in Mount Lawley to find vintage shops.
Perth’s coast line is dotted with stunning white sandy beaches. Catch the bus to Scarborough or City Beach for a swim, beach volley and surf.
That’s Just Another Day In WA!
Need more inspiration? Chase up our staff in reception for more information about what to do in Perth, the local way.
FREE things to do in Perth
- Wander around a distinctive mix of heritage architecture and contemporary buildings at the Crawley Campus of the University of Western Australia. Explore extensive art collections, theatre venues and the sporting grounds.
- Visit Elizabeth Quay located on the Swan River between Barrack and William Street in the heart of Perth CBD. Look for the Bell Tower to find Barrack Street Jetty and go for a wander at the Supreme Court Gardens next door.
- Explore the WA Museum’s Discovery Zone at the State Library and discover objects from around the world as you learn about dinosaur trackways, meteorites and our night sky.
- Jump on a free CAT bus and jump off at Kings Park to take in the breathtaking views of the city skyline at the end of the day whilst the sun sets. Bring a picnic and spend the evening under the stars.
- Join a free walking tour through Perth City Centre with ICity Tours and learn about its history, art and culture or do it yourself on a free self-guided tour. Meet at the ICity Information Kiosk in Murray Street Mall. Tours depart daily Monday to Saturday at 11:00 am and Sunday at 12:00 pm.
- Visit the heritage town of Fremantle and stroll along the Cappuccino Strip for coffee & ice cream. Explore the markets, learn about our maritime history at the Shipwreck Museum and visit Fremantle Prison. Enjoy fish & chips at the Fisherman’s Wharf and taste local beers at Little Creatures Beer Brewery.
- Pop in at the Bibbulmun Track Desk in reception and plan your (multiple) day hike on one of the world's great long distance walk trails, stretching 1000km.
- Check out the latest exhibitions at the WA Art Gallery or watch a movie at the Rooftop Cinema with awesome panoramic views of the city skyline.