World class attractions, amazing architecture and futuristic planning all play their part in making Canberra one of the world's most modern and progressive cities.
This is the only small group day trip to Canberra so is far more personal and enjoyable than any other options, as well as being the only Canberra day trip to run on the weekend.
Tours departs every Saturday at 7.30am from Sydney Central YHA Hostel
and returns Sydney Central Station on Sunday at 6pm.
Day 1 is a guided tour with day 2 being yours to explore on your own leisure.
- All day small group guided tour of Canberra's highlights
- Tour of Parliament House
- Tour of Yarralumla embassy district
- Visit to Australian War Memorial
- Self guided tour of the National Museum of Australia or National Gallery of Australia (free entry)
- Saturday night dormitory accommodation at Canberra City YHA
- Free time Saturday evening
- Sunday breakfast
- Free time Sunday morning
- Return coach transfer to Sydney
Cross – Holiday Inn, 203 Victoria St @ 7.15am
- YHA Central – 11 Rawson Pl @ 7.30am
- Wynyard Station – Menzies Hotel, 14 Carrington St @ 7.50am
- Circular Quay – Outside McDonalds, Cnr Alfred Street & Loftus St @ 7.55am
Returns: Sunday at 6pm, Eddy Ave, Central Station Sydney
From 01 April 2016 until 31 March 2017
Some price options may not be available and Tours & Activities must be booked at least five days prior to the end of their current season and not more than six months in advance.
Things you should know
Important Product Information
Due to the several components that make up this tour package, the tour is non-refundable.
General Terms and Conditions
- Your credit card will be debited upon completion of the online booking process. Your booking is guaranteed once you receive a confirmation email from a YHA Travel & Tours consultant.
- In the unlikely event we cannot confirm your booking, we will refund the total amount to the credit card with which payment has been made within 7 days. YHA Travel & Tours and its suppliers are not liable in the event a tour or package is not available, and any refunds are restricted to the purchase price of the tour or package booked.
- All prices quoted are in Australian Dollars.
- If you selected a YHA Member rate, then avalid YHA/Hostelling International membership card has to be presented for each person booked when checking in. If you are unable to join prior to arrival, you must purchase a membership upon arrival at the hostel, or pay the price difference between the member and standard rates,
- YHA Travel & Tours will aim to respond to your booking within 48 hours by email. However, in some instances (for example during long weekends or public holidays) the response time may vary.
- Please note that only some hostels are suitable for wheelchair access. If in doubt please contact the individual hostel.
- The responsibility of YHA Travel & Tours in connection with 'Travel Deals' is limited to the sale of accommodation only. The sale of other services as described in the Travel Deals products is made by YHA Travel & Tours as agent only for the persons providing such other services and upon the condition that YHA Travel & Tours shall not be liable for any accidents, loss, injury, delay or damage caused by or arising out of the provision of or failure to provide any other such service.
- YHA Travel & Tours believes that the content of this website is correct at the time of publishing, but all prices and services described herein are subject to change or withdrawal without notice.
- YHA Travel & Tours will be under no obligation to any person as a result of any inaccuracy or misdescription to provide any services set out herein.
Cancellations and Amendments
If you need to cancel or amend your booking after we have confirmed, please notify us immediately by email or fax. On the booking confirmation print-out, you can find the email contact details. If you cancel or amend your booking after we have confirmed or fail to arrive on the nominated day, we will charge you the fees outlined in the specific product conditions.
We strongly advise you purchase adequate travel insurance to safeguard against any losses.
All prices and information stated on this booking request are subject to change. Please note that every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of all information on this website. However, YHA Travel & Tours does not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions.
Personal information is collected by YHA to provide products or services to you. If you wish to read our Privacy Statement please click here.