Exploring Australia's East Coast is a popular route and using this hop-on hop-off coach pass is one of the best ways to see it. With multiple departures daily you can travel when it suits you, even overnight on some journeys. Once your pass is issued, you have the flexibility to reserve seats up until 24 hours before each departure either online or by phone. Greyhound coaches are safe, comfortable and travel along the Pacific Highway via the popular destinations of Byron Bay, Surfers Paradise, Hervey Bay (for Fraser Island) and Airlie Beach (for the Whitsundays).
Why rush? Make sure you take the time to stopover at Australia's best kept secrets… Newcastle, Port Macquarie, Coffs Harbour, Lennox Head, Brisbane, Townsville or Mission Beach.
Pass is valid:
- For 3 months (90 days) from the date of first departure from Sydney or Cairns
- For use on Greyhound Services on the East Coast between Sydney and Cairns
- Hop-on hop-off unlimited times in one direction only
- Please state which direction you would like in the comments when making the booking. eg. Sydney to Cairns or Cairns to Sydney as passes must be issued in the right direction
Buses depart from Sydney Central and Cairns dailly.
From 01 April 2013 until 31 March 2016
Some price options may not be available and Tours & Activities must be booked at least five days prior to the end of their current season and not more than six months in advance.
Things you should know
Important Product Information
Cancellation and Amendment Fees
Cancellations:- Due to the discount offered and the structure of this package - it is NON-REFUNDABLE once confirmed.
Amendments:- This bus pass can not be amended after purchase (other than reservation date changes, see below).
Reservations:- Once this package has been created for you a YHA Travel Agent will advise you how to book your coach sectors on Greyhound (which should be done at least 24 hrs before each departure).
Please state which direction you would like in the comments when making the booking. eg. Sydney to Cairns or Cairns to Sydney as passes must be issued in the right direction
General Terms and Conditions
- Your credit card will be debited upon completion of the online booking process. Your booking is guaranteed once you receive a confirmation email from a YHA Travel & Tours consultant.
- In the unlikely event we cannot confirm your booking, we will refund the total amount to the credit card with which payment has been made within 7 days. YHA Travel & Tours and its suppliers are not liable in the event a tour or package is not available, and any refunds are restricted to the purchase price of the tour or package booked.
- All prices quoted are in Australian Dollars.
- If you selected a YHA Member rate, then avalid YHA/Hostelling International membership card has to be presented for each person booked when checking in. If you are unable to join prior to arrival, you must purchase a membership upon arrival at the hostel, or pay the price difference between the member and standard rates,
- YHA Travel & Tours will aim to respond to your booking within 48 hours by email. However, in some instances (for example during long weekends or public holidays) the response time may vary.
- Please note that only some hostels are suitable for wheelchair access. If in doubt please contact the individual hostel.
- The responsibility of YHA Travel & Tours in connection with 'Travel Deals' is limited to the sale of accommodation only. The sale of other services as described in the Travel Deals products is made by YHA Travel & Tours as agent only for the persons providing such other services and upon the condition that YHA Travel & Tours shall not be liable for any accidents, loss, injury, delay or damage caused by or arising out of the provision of or failure to provide any other such service.
- YHA Travel & Tours believes that the content of this website is correct at the time of publishing, but all prices and services described herein are subject to change or withdrawal without notice.
- YHA Travel & Tours will be under no obligation to any person as a result of any inaccuracy or misdescription to provide any services set out herein.
Cancellations and Amendments
If you need to cancel or amend your booking after we have confirmed, please notify us immediately by email or fax. On the booking confirmation print-out, you can find the email contact details. If you cancel or amend your booking after we have confirmed or fail to arrive on the nominated day, we will charge you the fees outlined in the specific product conditions.
We strongly advise you purchase adequate travel insurance to safeguard against any losses.
All prices and information stated on this booking request are subject to change. Please note that every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of all information on this website. However, YHA Travel & Tours does not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions.
Personal information is collected by YHA to provide products or services to you. If you wish to read our Privacy Statement please click here.