Day One – Adelaide to Grampians National Park
This morning we head through the beautiful countryside of South Australia with views along Australia’s longest river – the Murray River. We stop along the way to discover old towns and discuss the history of local Aboriginal tribes. We arrive into Horsham which gives us a chance to stretch our legs, look at the town and grab lunch (own expense). It is then onto the beautiful Grampians National Park. A highlight of this beautiful area is Mackenzie Falls and the interesting rock formation The Balconies which is also known as the jaws of death. It is then time to enjoy one of the region’s best hikes, up to Boroka Lookout. The view from the top is breathtaking over the Wimmera Plains. We then head into Halls Gap, a beautiful little town in the heart of the Grampians.
Day Two - Great Ocean Road to Melbourne
This morning we travel back in time and start our day off with the fascinating volcanic formations at Tower Hill. On our way along the Great Ocean Road we start at Bay of Martyrs with its beautiful bay full of limestone Islands. Along the way we visit London Bridge which is a beautiful photo opportunity and has an interesting story. We continue on to Lock Ard Gorge which is a breathtaking part of the coastline and named after a tragic ship wreck. The main highlight of the Great Ocean road is the Twelve Apostles. Treat yourself to an optional helicopter flight over this beautiful area (additional cost, time and weather permitting).
Leaving the coast behind us we get a change of scenery and head to a beautiful and ancient cool temperate rainforest and see some of the tallest trees in the world. We then arrive at the Seaside town of Apollo Bay where we have a chance to explore the town or hit the beach. It is worth a stop at Kennett River for its amazing local birdlife and Koala spotting. We then finish our journey in Melbourne in the early evening.
- 2 Day Great Ocean Road and Grampians Tour, with an experienced and friendly tour guide.
- All entrance fees and National Park Fees
- Morning tea, 1 breakfast and 1 dinner
- Travel in a comfortable air conditioned coach
- Option to add 2 nights discounted multishare accommodation. 1 night before your tour at Adelaide Central YHA and 1 night after your tour at Melbourne Metro YHA
November to March: Thursday and Saturday
April to October: Thursday
Tour departs Adelaide Central YHA at 7:00am and arrives into Melbourne Metro on Day 2 at approximately 8:00pmpm
From 01 April 2017 until 31 March 2018
Some price options may not be available and Tours & Activities must be booked at least five days prior to the end of their current season and not more than six months in advance.
Things you should know
Important Product Information
Cancellation and Amendment FeesCancellations:
Due to the discount offered and the structure of this package - it is non-refundable once confirmed.Amendments:
Each amendment (not cancellation) to the original booking, after confirmation will incur a fee of A$25 per person and per amendment.
Amendments are subject to availability.
General Terms and Conditions
- Your credit card will be debited upon completion of the online booking process. Your booking is guaranteed once you receive a confirmation email from a YHA Travel & Tours consultant.
- In the unlikely event we cannot confirm your booking, we will refund the total amount to the credit card with which payment has been made within 7 days. YHA Travel & Tours and its suppliers are not liable in the event a tour or package is not available, and any refunds are restricted to the purchase price of the tour or package booked.
- All prices quoted are in Australian Dollars.
- If you selected a YHA Member rate, then avalid YHA/Hostelling International membership card has to be presented for each person booked when checking in. If you are unable to join prior to arrival, you must purchase a membership upon arrival at the hostel, or pay the price difference between the member and standard rates,
- YHA Travel & Tours will aim to respond to your booking within 48 hours by email. However, in some instances (for example during long weekends or public holidays) the response time may vary.
- Please note that only some hostels are suitable for wheelchair access. If in doubt please contact the individual hostel.
- The responsibility of YHA Travel & Tours in connection with 'Travel Deals' is limited to the sale of accommodation only. The sale of other services as described in the Travel Deals products is made by YHA Travel & Tours as agent only for the persons providing such other services and upon the condition that YHA Travel & Tours shall not be liable for any accidents, loss, injury, delay or damage caused by or arising out of the provision of or failure to provide any other such service.
- YHA Travel & Tours believes that the content of this website is correct at the time of publishing, but all prices and services described herein are subject to change or withdrawal without notice.
- YHA Travel & Tours will be under no obligation to any person as a result of any inaccuracy or misdescription to provide any services set out herein.
Cancellations and Amendments
If you need to cancel or amend your booking after we have confirmed, please notify us immediately by email or fax. On the booking confirmation print-out, you can find the email contact details. If you cancel or amend your booking after we have confirmed or fail to arrive on the nominated day, we will charge you the fees outlined in the specific product conditions.
We strongly advise you purchase adequate travel insurance to safeguard against any losses.
All prices and information stated on this booking request are subject to change. Please note that every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of all information on this website. However, YHA Travel & Tours does not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions.
Personal information is collected by YHA to provide products or services to you. If you wish to read our Privacy Statement please click here.