Check into Adelaide Central YHA and rest up before you depart on your big outback adventure!
Day 1: Flinders Ranges
Start your adventure travelling through the vineyards of the Clare Valley wine region. Soon enough the scenery changes as you enter into the rugged Outback through the Flinders Ranges. You will take an easy stroll through the awesome Alligator Gorge, which during certain times of the year can be bursting with wildflowers. Tonight you will stay in Quorn.(L, D)
Day 2: Coober Pedy
Today you will travel to Coober Pedy – the Opal Capital of the world. You will notice the incredible changing landscape that resembles Mars or the Moon. Keep an eye out for wildlife, such as Kangaroos, emus and eagles. Upon arrival into Coober Pedy you will experience a tour of an underground mine and the Opal Mining Museum. Learn about the local indigenous people at the Aboriginal Interpretive Centre . There is also time to explore this remarkable town both above and below the ground. A big highlight is visiting Josephine’s Kangaroo Orphanage where you can meet the rescued kangaroos and baby joeys. Tonight we sleep as the locals do, underground in bunkhouse accommodation. (B, L, D)
Day 3: Uluru
It is a big day of driving today, up the Stuart Highway with several pit stops along the way. Your mission today is to reach Uluru. Nothing will prepare you for your first sight of the Rock. After setting up camp, you will witness your first awe inspiring sunset over Uluru, taking time to absorb the beauty and majesty of this place. (B, L, D)
Day 4: Uluru
Today starts by learning about the region’s indigenous history at the Aboriginal Cultural Centre before taking on an easy 3 ½ hour base walk around Uluru. Hiking through acacia woodlands and grassy clay pans, you’ll spot wildlife at waterholes, marvel at The Rocks geological wonders and learn about how the Aboriginals view this culturally significant site from your local guide. After this epic walk you can relax back at camp and see another brilliant Uluru sunset
Day 5: Kata Tjuta - The Olgas
This morning is an early morning but it is worth it to experience the glorious sunrise over Uluru. We hike to the lookouts around Kata Tjuta and then continue onto the challenging but rewarding Valley of the winds hike. After a big day you will travel to our camp in Watarrka National Park.
Day 6: Watarrka – Kings Canyon
The last day is spent exploring Watarrka (Kings Canyon). It is truly spectacular and you will need to stop to admire and photograph the massive sandstone walls, vast canyon floor and the stunning gorges. Take it all in on the Canyon Rim Walk and then descend down into the beautiful Garden of Eden. After lunch we begin our journey into Alice Springs where you will be dropped off at the YHA for your final night of accommodation
The outback is a stunning but extreme environment. We may need to make alterations to our itinerary due to weather and cultural activities.
- Package includes 2 FREE nights multishare accommodation. 1 night at Adelaide Central YHA before your tour and 1 night at Alice Springs YHA after your tour.
- 6 day Rock Patrol Tour, with an experienced tour guide.
- Pick up at Adelaide YHA and drop off at Alice Springs YHA
- All entrance fees and National Park Fees
- All meals on tour
- Travel in a comfortable air conditioned coach
- Camp in swags under the stars
December to March: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
April to November: Tuesday and Saturday.
Tour departs Adelaide Central YHA at 6:30am and arrives into Alice Springs on Day 6 at approximately 6:30pm
First day of commencement for your package is the first night of accommodation at Adelaide Central YHA.
From 01 April 2017 until 31 March 2018
Some price options may not be available and Tours & Activities must be booked at least five days prior to the end of their current season and not more than six months in advance.
Things you should know
Important Product Information
Cancellation and Amendment FeesCancellations:
Due to the discount offered and the structure of this package - it is non-refundable once confirmed.Amendments:
Each amendment (not cancellation) to the original booking, after confirmation will incur a fee of A$25 per person and per amendment.
Amendments are subject to availability.
General Terms and Conditions
- Your credit card will be debited upon completion of the online booking process. Your booking is guaranteed once you receive a confirmation email from a YHA Travel & Tours consultant.
- In the unlikely event we cannot confirm your booking, we will refund the total amount to the credit card with which payment has been made within 7 days. YHA Travel & Tours and its suppliers are not liable in the event a tour or package is not available, and any refunds are restricted to the purchase price of the tour or package booked.
- All prices quoted are in Australian Dollars.
- If you selected a YHA Member rate, then avalid YHA/Hostelling International membership card has to be presented for each person booked when checking in. If you are unable to join prior to arrival, you must purchase a membership upon arrival at the hostel, or pay the price difference between the member and standard rates,
- YHA Travel & Tours will aim to respond to your booking within 48 hours by email. However, in some instances (for example during long weekends or public holidays) the response time may vary.
- Please note that only some hostels are suitable for wheelchair access. If in doubt please contact the individual hostel.
- The responsibility of YHA Travel & Tours in connection with 'Travel Deals' is limited to the sale of accommodation only. The sale of other services as described in the Travel Deals products is made by YHA Travel & Tours as agent only for the persons providing such other services and upon the condition that YHA Travel & Tours shall not be liable for any accidents, loss, injury, delay or damage caused by or arising out of the provision of or failure to provide any other such service.
- YHA Travel & Tours believes that the content of this website is correct at the time of publishing, but all prices and services described herein are subject to change or withdrawal without notice.
- YHA Travel & Tours will be under no obligation to any person as a result of any inaccuracy or misdescription to provide any services set out herein.
Cancellations and Amendments
If you need to cancel or amend your booking after we have confirmed, please notify us immediately by email or fax. On the booking confirmation print-out, you can find the email contact details. If you cancel or amend your booking after we have confirmed or fail to arrive on the nominated day, we will charge you the fees outlined in the specific product conditions.
We strongly advise you purchase adequate travel insurance to safeguard against any losses.
All prices and information stated on this booking request are subject to change. Please note that every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of all information on this website. However, YHA Travel & Tours does not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions.
Personal information is collected by YHA to provide products or services to you. If you wish to read our Privacy Statement please click here.