Day 1 - Adelaide to Penneshaw
Avoid the early morning rush and depart in the afternoon. After a scenic coach and ferry journey across to Kangaroo Island check into the Kangaroo Island YHA and cook up a feast in the shared Kitchen or head out to one of the local pubs or restaurants. The evening arrival will give you a chance to watch the penguins come home to sleep in the gardens of the Kangaroo Island YHA.
Day 2 - Kangaroo Island Experience Tour
Today you will continue on your amazing Kangaroo Island experience with a day tour taking in all the highlights the island has to offer. Our first stop is Seal Bay where you have a chance to get up close and personal with a colony of wild and rare Australian Sea Lions. After a delicious 2 course lunch enjoy stretching your legs with a Koala Walk at Hanson Bay Sanctuary. The afternoon includes a trip to Flinders Chase National Park including the famous Remarkable Rocks and stunning Admiral’s Arch, where you are able to see Kangaroo Island’s playful fur seals. At the end of the day you will be dropped back at the YHA to relax after a long day.
Day 3 - Penneshaw to Adelaide
This morning you will finish your island experience by departing on the 8:30am ferry and coach back to Adelaide. If you are not quite ready to say goodbye you can enjoy a day of leisure and catch the 7:30pm ferry giving you another full day to relax in Penneshaw, go for a walk, read a book or just relax on the beach. If you would like to return on the 7:30pm ferry please let us know at time of booking
- Return coach and ferry transfers to Kangaroo Island
- 2 night’s multishare accommodation at Kangaroo Island YHA
- 1 Day Kangaroo Island Experience, with an experienced tour guide. Highlights include Seal Bay, Koala Sanctuary Walk, Flinders Chase National Park, Remarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch. (Day tour can be taken on day 2 or 3)
- 2 course lunch whilst on your day tour
- All entrance and national park fees on Kangaroo Island
- Travel in a comfortable air conditioned coach
- Free time to swim, relax on the beach and see the adorable Penguins in Penneshaw.
- Opportunity to extend your stay (own expense)
Adelaide Central Bus Station 85 Franklin Street daily at 3:15pm. Tour departs Kangaroo Island 8:00am or 7:00pm on day 3, please advise at time of booking.
From 01 April 2015 until 30 September 2015
Some price options may not be available and Tours & Activities must be booked at least five days prior to the end of their current season and not more than six months in advance.
Things you should know
Important Product Information
Cancellation within 48 hours prior to commencement of package or no shows will incur a 100% cancellation fee, meaning no refund.
Cancellation outside of 48 hours will incur a minimum cancellation fee of AUD$25 per booking and can be up to 100% of the booking value. Fees will vary depending on the tour operator involved in the package.
Refunds are not available on unused portions of tour packages. Amendments:
Bookings can only be amended more than 14 days prior to commencement of package.
Amendments within 48 hours of commencement will be treated as a cancellation, and you will need to make a new booking.
Each amendment (not cancellation) after confirmation will incur an administration fee of AUD$25 per person, in addition to any fees imposed by the tour operator.
General Terms and Conditions
- Your credit card will be debited upon completion of the online booking process. Your booking is guaranteed once you receive a confirmation email from a YHA Travel & Tours consultant.
- In the unlikely event we cannot confirm your booking, we will refund the total amount to the credit card with which payment has been made within 7 days. YHA Travel & Tours and its suppliers are not liable in the event a tour or package is not available, and any refunds are restricted to the purchase price of the tour or package booked.
- All prices quoted are in Australian Dollars.
- If you selected a YHA Member rate, then avalid YHA/Hostelling International membership card has to be presented for each person booked when checking in. If you are unable to join prior to arrival, you must purchase a membership upon arrival at the hostel, or pay the price difference between the member and standard rates,
- YHA Travel & Tours will aim to respond to your booking within 48 hours by email. However, in some instances (for example during long weekends or public holidays) the response time may vary.
- Please note that only some hostels are suitable for wheelchair access. If in doubt please contact the individual hostel.
- The responsibility of YHA Travel & Tours in connection with 'Travel Deals' is limited to the sale of accommodation only. The sale of other services as described in the Travel Deals products is made by YHA Travel & Tours as agent only for the persons providing such other services and upon the condition that YHA Travel & Tours shall not be liable for any accidents, loss, injury, delay or damage caused by or arising out of the provision of or failure to provide any other such service.
- YHA Travel & Tours believes that the content of this website is correct at the time of publishing, but all prices and services described herein are subject to change or withdrawal without notice.
- YHA Travel & Tours will be under no obligation to any person as a result of any inaccuracy or misdescription to provide any services set out herein.
Cancellations and Amendments
If you need to cancel or amend your booking after we have confirmed, please notify us immediately by email or fax. On the booking confirmation print-out, you can find the email contact details. If you cancel or amend your booking after we have confirmed or fail to arrive on the nominated day, we will charge you the fees outlined in the specific product conditions.
We strongly advise you purchase adequate travel insurance to safeguard against any losses.
All prices and information stated on this booking request are subject to change. Please note that every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of all information on this website. However, YHA Travel & Tours does not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions.
Personal information is collected by YHA to provide products or services to you. If you wish to read our Privacy Statement please click here.