See all the major sights of the Tasman Peninsula while making your way to Port Arthur Historic site to learn about the convicts of Tasmania's past.
You will be picked up from your Hobart accommodation and set off to discover the natural beauty and history of the area. You will visit the first settlement in Tasmania and cross the oldest bridge in Australia.
As you head further south, it’s time to stretch your legs and breathe in the freshest air in the world! You will stop at Tasman Arch to check out the unusual geological formation and take a walk at Devils Kitchen. Keep an eye out for the wildlife!
In the afternoon you will have 4 hours to explore the Port Arthur Historic site. Take a 25 minute cruise around the Isle of the dead, a guided tour to learn about the history of the site and spend some time exploring the area independently. See how the officers lived, visit the separate prison where the inmates were kept in isolation and wander through the ruins of the penitentiary, guard tower and convict church.
- Port Arthur Historic Site with guided walking tour, harbour cruise and museum entry.
- Australia's oldest bridge.
- Tasman Lookout,
- Famous Doo Town
- Tasman Arch and Devils Kitchen walk
- Remarkable Cave (seasonal)
|Sunday to Friday||8am||7pm|
From 01 January 2016 until 31 March 2017
Some price options may not be available and Tours & Activities must be booked at least five days prior to the end of their current season and not more than six months in advance.
Things you should know
Important Product Information
You may be charged the following fees if you cancel your booking before departure:
- 30 days or more: 25% of fare.
- 8 to 29 days: 50% of fare.
- 0 to 7 days: 100% of fare.
- Fees up to $100 may be charged for booking amendments.
General Terms and Conditions
- Your credit card will be debited upon completion of the online booking process. Your booking is guaranteed once you receive a confirmation email from a YHA Travel & Tours consultant.
- In the unlikely event we cannot confirm your booking, we will refund the total amount to the credit card with which payment has been made within 7 days. YHA Travel & Tours and its suppliers are not liable in the event a tour or package is not available, and any refunds are restricted to the purchase price of the tour or package booked.
- All prices quoted are in Australian Dollars.
- If you selected a YHA Member rate, then avalid YHA/Hostelling International membership card has to be presented for each person booked when checking in. If you are unable to join prior to arrival, you must purchase a membership upon arrival at the hostel, or pay the price difference between the member and standard rates,
- YHA Travel & Tours will aim to respond to your booking within 48 hours by email. However, in some instances (for example during long weekends or public holidays) the response time may vary.
- Please note that only some hostels are suitable for wheelchair access. If in doubt please contact the individual hostel.
- The responsibility of YHA Travel & Tours in connection with 'Travel Deals' is limited to the sale of accommodation only. The sale of other services as described in the Travel Deals products is made by YHA Travel & Tours as agent only for the persons providing such other services and upon the condition that YHA Travel & Tours shall not be liable for any accidents, loss, injury, delay or damage caused by or arising out of the provision of or failure to provide any other such service.
- YHA Travel & Tours believes that the content of this website is correct at the time of publishing, but all prices and services described herein are subject to change or withdrawal without notice.
- YHA Travel & Tours will be under no obligation to any person as a result of any inaccuracy or misdescription to provide any services set out herein.
Cancellations and Amendments
If you need to cancel or amend your booking after we have confirmed, please notify us immediately by email or fax. On the booking confirmation print-out, you can find the email contact details. If you cancel or amend your booking after we have confirmed or fail to arrive on the nominated day, we will charge you the fees outlined in the specific product conditions.
We strongly advise you purchase adequate travel insurance to safeguard against any losses.
All prices and information stated on this booking request are subject to change. Please note that every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of all information on this website. However, YHA Travel & Tours does not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions.
Personal information is collected by YHA to provide products or services to you. If you wish to read our Privacy Statement please click here.