Spend 3 days on the spectacular West Coast.
This eco-certified Tasmanian tour includes loads of bushwalks, nature and culture interpretation as well as hostel accommodation, National Park fees and an unforgettable Tasmanian experience.
- Day 1 - We traverse the island from east to west. Escaping Hobart through the Derwent Valley, we walk in the land of the giants and admire Russell Falls, Mt Field National Park. Then onto Lake St Clair. Drive through the Franklin-Gordon Rivers National Park. End the day in Strahan on Macquarie Harbour and enjoy a BBQ with our West coast hosts.
- Day 2 - Today we discover the Wild West Coast with a visit to Ocean Beach and the Henty Sand Dunes where you can search for whale bones and breathe the freshest air in the world. Walk the foreshore or take a walk to a waterfall. Optional tours today include the Gordon River cruise or sea plane flight over the Gordon and Franklin rivers with a river landing and forest walk.
- Other options include a King River jet boat ride, a kayak paddle, catch a salmon in the harbour, or tonight attend a performace of the play 'The Ship That Never Was'.
- Day 3 - We drive to 950m above sea level to Cradle Mountain National Park and share an interpretation of the area before we choose our own walk, including the easy stroll around the lovely Lake Dove. It is then a short drive to Sheffield, 'the town of murals' before continuing to Launceston, Australia's third oldest city.
- Day 4 - Morning transfer by coach for return to Hobart.
- Pre and post tour dorm accommodation included in Hobart. Upgrade to Twin/Double accommodation at an additional cost may be available, upon request.
From Hobart at 7:00am. Morning transfer on day 4 finishes in Hobart approximately 12pm.
May to September: Thursday and Sunday.
April and October: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.
November, December and March: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
January and February: Daily (except Saturday).
From 05 March 2014 until 31 March 2016
Some price options may not be available ad Tours & Activities must be booked at least five days prior to the end of their current season and not more than six months in advance.
Things you should know
Important Product Information
If you cancel your booking:
48 hours - 14 days from departure: 25% of tour price
24-48 hours from departure: 50% of tour price
Within 24 hours of departure or no show: 100% of tour price
General Terms and Conditions
- Your credit card will be debited upon completion of the online booking process. Your booking is guaranteed once you receive a confirmation email from a YHA Travel & Tours consultant.
- In the unlikely event we cannot confirm your booking, we will refund the total amount to the credit card with which payment has been made within 7 days. YHA Travel & Tours and its suppliers are not liable in the event a tour or package is not available, and any refunds are restricted to the purchase price of the tour or package booked.
- All prices quoted are in Australian Dollars.
- If you selected a YHA Member rate, then avalid YHA/Hostelling International membership card has to be presented for each person booked when checking in. If you are unable to join prior to arrival, you must purchase a membership upon arrival at the hostel, or pay the price difference between the member and standard rates,
- YHA Travel & Tours will aim to respond to your booking within 48 hours by email. However, in some instances (for example during long weekends or public holidays) the response time may vary.
- Please note that only some hostels are suitable for wheelchair access. If in doubt please contact the individual hostel.
- The responsibility of YHA Travel & Tours in connection with 'Travel Deals' is limited to the sale of accommodation only. The sale of other services as described in the Travel Deals products is made by YHA Travel & Tours as agent only for the persons providing such other services and upon the condition that YHA Travel & Tours shall not be liable for any accidents, loss, injury, delay or damage caused by or arising out of the provision of or failure to provide any other such service.
- YHA Travel & Tours believes that the content of this website is correct at the time of publishing, but all prices and services described herein are subject to change or withdrawal without notice.
- YHA Travel & Tours will be under no obligation to any person as a result of any inaccuracy or misdescription to provide any services set out herein.
Cancellations and Amendments
If you need to cancel or amend your booking after we have confirmed, please notify us immediately by email or fax. On the booking confirmation print-out, you can find the email contact details. If you cancel or amend your booking after we have confirmed or fail to arrive on the nominated day, we will charge you the fees outlined in the specific product conditions.
We strongly advise you purchase adequate travel insurance to safeguard against any losses.
All prices and information stated on this booking request are subject to change. Please note that every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of all information on this website. However, YHA Travel & Tours does not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions.
Personal information is collected by YHA to provide products or services to you. If you wish to read our Privacy Statement please click here.