This package includes our 3 favourite locations in Victoria;
- The Great Ocean Road: One of the world’s most scenic drives
- Grampians National Park: Victoria's best hiking destination
- Phillip Island: Home to the adorable penguin parade
You will have 1 day enjoying the highlights of Phillip Island followed by 2 days travelling along the Great Ocean Road and through the magnificent mountain ranges of the Grampians National park.You can do this tour: Melbourne to Adelaide, Adelaide to Melbourne or a Melbourne round trip.
Phillip Island 1 day tour
Enroute to Phillip Island you will stop at an Australian Wildlife park to get up close and personal with animals including koalas, emus, wombats and Tasmanian devils. You will even get the chance to hand feed the kangaroos! Once you have arrived on the island you will explore the spectacular coastline from the boardwalks and lookout points set amongst natural sea bird gardens at the Nobbies. As the sun sets, watch hundreds of little penguins make their way across the beach at the famous Penguin Parade.
Great Ocean Road & Grampians 2 day tour
Day 1 - Enjoy the views as you wind your way along the Great Ocean Road. You will explore an ancient rainforest, spot wild koalas and travel through rolling hills as you make your way to the breathtaking 12 Apostles. At the end of the Great Ocean Road you will head inland to Halls Gap. Overnight in the Grampians
Day 2 - Start the morning with a hike to get your blood pumping, spotting the wildlife as you go. Visit the Brambuk Aboriginal Cultural Centre then spend the afternoon in the great outdoors, exploring lookouts and magnificent waterfalls in Grampians National Park. As the day comes to an end, to you will take the inland route back to Melbourne OR transfer onto Adelaide.
Adelaide to Melbourne itinerary is in reverse and starts the day travelling along the Murray river.
A medium fitness level is recommended for this tour due to being a nature based walking tour.
Photography is not permitted at the penguin parade.
Parts of the itinerary may be altered or omitted due to seasonal changes
Accommodation included at Grampians is not a YHA property
When booking please advise of your pick up location in comments section
- 1 Day Phillip Island tour with Penguin Parade (lunch included)
- 2 Day Great Ocean Road & Grampians Tour (1 lunch and 1 breakfast included)
- 1 night multi-share accommodation in the Grampians
- All park entry fees
|Phillip Island 1 day Tour||Daily||9-10am Winter|
|Great Ocean Road & Grampians 2 day tour:|
Melbourne Return OR Melbourne to Adelaide
*Plus Tuesday in peak season
|Great Ocean Road & Grampians 2 day tour:|
Adelaide to Melbourne
*Plus Saturday in peak season
From 01 April 2017 until 31 March 2018
Some price options may not be available and Tours & Activities must be booked at least five days prior to the end of their current season and not more than six months in advance.
Things you should know
Important Product Information
Please note tours may not operate on public holidays recognized in the state of Victoria. For further information on tour departures please send an enquiry prior to booking your tour to avoid disappointment.
YHA Travel Package Cancellations:
Cancellation within 7 days of departure will result in a 50% loss of the ticket price; cancellation or transfer within 48 hours of departure will result in full fare forfeiture.
Cancellation within 48 hours prior to commencement or no shows will incur 100% cancellation fee, meaning no refund.
Refunds are not available on unused portions of tour packages.
Bookings can only be amended more than 7 days prior to commencement.
Amendments within 48 hours of commencement will be treated as a cancellation, and you will need to make a new booking.
Each amendment (not cancellation) after confirmation will incur a fee of A$25 per person per amendment, in addition to any fees imposed by the tour operator.
General Terms and Conditions
- Your credit card will be debited upon completion of the online booking process. Your booking is guaranteed once you receive a confirmation email from a YHA Travel & Tours consultant.
- In the unlikely event we cannot confirm your booking, we will refund the total amount to the credit card with which payment has been made within 7 days. YHA Travel & Tours and its suppliers are not liable in the event a tour or package is not available, and any refunds are restricted to the purchase price of the tour or package booked.
- All prices quoted are in Australian Dollars.
- If you selected a YHA Member rate, then avalid YHA/Hostelling International membership card has to be presented for each person booked when checking in. If you are unable to join prior to arrival, you must purchase a membership upon arrival at the hostel, or pay the price difference between the member and standard rates,
- YHA Travel & Tours will aim to respond to your booking within 48 hours by email. However, in some instances (for example during long weekends or public holidays) the response time may vary.
- Please note that only some hostels are suitable for wheelchair access. If in doubt please contact the individual hostel.
- The responsibility of YHA Travel & Tours in connection with 'Travel Deals' is limited to the sale of accommodation only. The sale of other services as described in the Travel Deals products is made by YHA Travel & Tours as agent only for the persons providing such other services and upon the condition that YHA Travel & Tours shall not be liable for any accidents, loss, injury, delay or damage caused by or arising out of the provision of or failure to provide any other such service.
- YHA Travel & Tours believes that the content of this website is correct at the time of publishing, but all prices and services described herein are subject to change or withdrawal without notice.
- YHA Travel & Tours will be under no obligation to any person as a result of any inaccuracy or misdescription to provide any services set out herein.
Cancellations and Amendments
If you need to cancel or amend your booking after we have confirmed, please notify us immediately by email or fax. On the booking confirmation print-out, you can find the email contact details. If you cancel or amend your booking after we have confirmed or fail to arrive on the nominated day, we will charge you the fees outlined in the specific product conditions.
We strongly advise you purchase adequate travel insurance to safeguard against any losses.
All prices and information stated on this booking request are subject to change. Please note that every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of all information on this website. However, YHA Travel & Tours does not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions.
Personal information is collected by YHA to provide products or services to you. If you wish to read our Privacy Statement please click here.