Back to news
10 Top Aussie Getaways
Gold Coast Hinterland Experience
Venture back in time to the ancient “Gondwana Rainforest”. Experience the treetop boardwalk and amazing wildlife of Lamington National Park, where you can spot firest kangaroos, platypus and koalas, and see majestic Natural Arch in Springbrook National Park, with its ancient boulder-strewn stream and Glow Worm Cave. This package includes:
- 2 nights' multi-share accommodation at Surfers Paradise YHA
- World Heritage 4WD day tour to Springbrook and Lamington National Parks
Priced at $164 per person. Exclusive to YHA/HI members. Tour operates Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays only. Valid until 31 March 2014.
Book online or contact Surfers Paradise YHA
Murwillumbah 3-Day Bike, Hike & Paddle
Make the most of a stay in NSW's beautiful northern hinterland with this 3-in-1 package. Paddle the languid waters of the Tweed River, cycle around town or past sugar cane fields and rolling farmland, and visit the Southern Hemisphere’s largest extinct volcano core, Mount Warning. Murwillumbah YHA is offering:
- 3 nights' multi-share accommodation
- Free transport to and from Mount Warning/Wollumbin National Park
- Free canoe hire
- Free bike hire
- Free ice cream 9pm every night
Priced from $84 per person. Valid to 30 September 2014.
Book online or contact Murwillumbah YHA
Adelaide Dolphin Swim Special
Don’t miss the once-in-a-lifetime experience of swimming with one of the world’s most fascinating and curious creatures. Enjoy the show from above, as Adelaide’s playful dolphins frolic around your cruising catamaran, before joining these friendly mammals in the water while they whistle, twirl and show off their masterful synchronised swimming for an underwater encounter you’ll never forget. Package includes:
- 2 nights' multi-share accommodation at Adelaide Central YHA
- 3.5 hour dolphin cruise aboard The Temptation, with approx 45 minutes swim time with the dolphins
- Wetsuits, masks and snorkels supplied
Priced at $143 per person. Valid to 31 March 2014.
Book online or contact Adelaide Central YHA
Phillip Island 3-Day Adventure
Come and stay at the magical Phillip Island and experience all of the most popular wildlife attractions using your 3 Parks Pass which gains you entry to see the world’s smallest penguins at the Penguin Parade, visit the Koala Conservation Centre and Churchill Island Heritage Farm. Package includes:
- 2 nights in a 6-share dorm at Phillip Island YHA
- Phillip Island Nature Park Adult 3 Park Pass
Priced from $106 per person - 20% off regular price. Valid to 30 November 2014 (exclusions apply during public holidays and major events).
Book online or contact Phillip Island YHA
Cairns Learn to Dive Sensation
Take the plunge with this five-day PADI 'Open Water' dive course in the gorgeous tropical waters of Cairns. Learn the ropes then enjoy three days on a live-aboard cruise trip with dives on some of the best sites in the Outer Great Barrier Reef. There’s also plenty of time to snorkel, relax and really enjoy the reef experience, making this course unmatched for experience and value. Package includes:
- 4 nights multi-share at Cairns Central YHA
- 2 nights/ 3 days live-aboard dive cruise including all meals
- 9 dives (4 training dives and 5 pleasure dives, including 1 night dive)
- PADI Gold Open Water Certification, PADI Open Water manual, Dive Log Book and Dive Insurance
- 2 x passport photos (for your certification card)
- All dive and snorkelling equipment
- Accommodation transfers
Priced at AU$980 per person (inc. $60 pay on-board fee). Exclusive to YHA/HI members. Valid until 31 March 2014.
Book online or contact Cairns Central YHA
Sydney Wired Deals
Stay longer and make the most of your trip to Sydney with the city's premier YHA offering these 3-night and weekly specials:
3-night Wired Deal includes:
- 3 nights' accommodation in a 6-share room
- 3 days free WiFi
Priced from $117 per person - that's just $39 per night! YHA members rate listed, standard rate available. Valid to 30 September 2014.
7-night Wired Deal includes:
- 7 nights' accommodation in a 6-share room
- 1 week unlimited WiFi
Priced from $266 YHA members ($38 per night) and $308 standard rate ($44 per night). Standard rate includes 1 year YHA membership issued at check in. Valid to 30 September 2014.
Book online now!
Canberra Autumn Break
Make the most of your stay in Australia’s capital with this special package. It’s a great city to cycle with dedicated bike paths to a lot of the main attractions. Don’t miss Parliament House, the War Memorial, the National Museum and more. Many attractions are free! This great value package is perfect for a Canberra short break.
- 2 nights' accommodation (multi-share or double/twin room)
- Daily breakfast at on-site Bytes Cafe
- 1-day bike hire to get around the sights and Enlighten attractions
- 2 days WiFi
Priced from $98 per person multishare and $230 per double/twin room (two people).
Valid only from 1 March – 31 May 2014. YHA member prices listed, standard rates available. Terms and conditions apply, packages are not refundable.
Book online or contact Canberra City YHA
Thredbo Mountain Adventure
Summer isn't just about beaches, it's the perfect time of year to head for the hills of the wild Snowy Mountains. No crowds, and awesome scenery offering a backdrop for abseiling, horse riding, white water rafting, and of course the Mt Kosciuszko walk, Thredbo has all the ingredients for an adventure with altitude. Book ahead for the annual Thredbo Blues Festival from 17-19 January 2014. Thredbo YHA is offering:
- 3 nights’ multi-share accommodation at Thredbo YHA
- ½ day climbing and abseiling with K7 Adventures. All equipment supplied, bring a packed lunch
- 2-day scenic lift pass
Prices start from AU$240 per person. Valid 13 December 2013 to 14 April 2014. Family and group packages available, contact Thredbo YHA direct.
PLUS: Kosciuszko Thredbo are giving YHA members 10% off their fantastic Summer Passes until the end of May 2014. The passes are available for 1 to 7 days and include unlimited chairlift access, bobsled rides, unlimited Thredbo Leisure Centre access, tennis court hire, and a round of golf. Simply show your valid YHA membership card to the Thredbo ticket office when purchasing your Thredbo Summer Pass. For more information click here.
Book online or contact Thredbo YHA
Apollo Bay Surf or Kayak
Pack your summer swimwear and hit the waves at this seaside town on Victoria’s Great Ocean Road. Check out the scenic coastline as you kayak with the local seal colony just off shore, or try your hand (or should we say legs) at surfing. Apollo Bay Eco YHA has two great deals to entice you out on the water this summer:
Singles Surf package from $112 person
- 2 nights’ multi-share accommodation
- 2 hour professional surf lesson with Apollo Bay Surf and Kayak. Includes surfboard and wetsuit hire
Double Kayak package from $295 for two people
- 2 nights for two people in a double room
- 2 hour kayak tour to the seals with Apollo Bay Surf and Kayak (two people)
Valid to 31 March 2014 (excludes 8-10 March).
Book online or contact Apollo Bay YHA
Noosa Everglades Bar-B-Canoe
Explore Australia’s pristine Noosa Everglades by canoe and cruise. Your adventure begins with a river cruise to the “River of Mirrors”, then get your camera ready as you downsize to a canoe for a more intimate journey through the wetlands and sub-tropical rainforest of the magnificent Everglades. Deal includes:
- 2 nights multi-share at Halse Lodge YHA
- Return Everglades river cruise
- Morning tea and a delicious BBQ lunch including beer and wine
- Canoe paddle, inc. buoyancy vests and waterproof carry bag
- $10 internet voucher at Halse Lodge YHA
Priced at AU$179 per person. Departs daily. Valid to 31 March 2014.