Back to news
Mid-Year Mini Breaks
Phillip Island Getaways
Phillip Island’s natural beauty and laidback lifestyle make it the perfect place to relax. Don’t miss the famous penguins parade, visit the Koala Conservation Centre,walk deserted beaches,explore the rugged coastline or take a wildlife cruise. Take advantage of Phillip Island YHA's great-values pecials:
Stay 4, Pay 3 - save $45
- 4 nights from AU$94.50 per person in a 6-share room
Private Getaway - save a massive $99
- 4 nights from AU$297 for two people in a private double/twin suite
Valid 7 June - 31 August 2014.
Book online or contact Phillip Island YHA
Port Stephens Whale Watching
With a harbour double the size of Sydney's, giant sand dunes, an A-Z of activities and wildlife, Port Stephens is your great escape this season. Enjoy:
- 2 nights’ accommodation
- 3-hour whale watch cruise
- Sand boarding adventure
- FREE WIFI
- FREE 1 day bike hire
Priced from $135 per person multi-share. Room upgrades available. Valid 9 June to 30 September 2014. Dolphins & Dunes Deal also available
Contact Port Stephens YHA to book
Shark Dive South Australia
Experience the once-in-a-lifetime adventure of diving with Great White Sharks on this full day tour, including:
- 1 night at Port Lincoln YHA
- Calypso Star Charters full day shark cage diving tour
- All meals inc. breakfast, morning and afternoon tea, lunch, unlimited coffee and soft drinks
- Use of 7mm wetsuit, hood, boots, gloves and mask
Priced $495 per person. Departs selected dates. Valid to 31 March 2015.
Book online or contact Port Lincoln YHA
Ultimate Cairns: skydive, reef & rainforest
This package is the ultimate Cairns adventure! Skydive from 14,000ft, snorkel the Great Barrier Reef and explore lush tropical rainforests. A trip to Tropical North Queensland would not be complete without a little adventure!
- 3 nights’ multi-share accommodation at Cairns Central YHA
- 14,000ft Skydive
- 1 day rainforest and waterfalls tour inc. lunch and afternoon tea
- Day trip to outer Great Barrier Reef including guided snorkel tour, buffet lunch, morning and afternoon tea, and all equipment hire
Priced from $604 per person (YHA members). Standard rates available. Valid to 31 March 2015.
Book online or contact Cairns Central YHA
Blue Mountains Yulefest 11-12 July 2014
Winter is a magical time in the Blue Mountains, with crisp days and clear blue skies just perfect for outdoor delights by day and warming meals by the cosy fire at night. Enjoy some mid-year cheer with this cool Yulefest deal which includes:'
- 2 nights’ in a double or family room at Blue Mountains YHA
- 3-course Christmas-themed dinner on Saturday night (BYO)
- Daily breakfast
Priced from $299 per double room and from $421 per family room. Ensuite rooms available. Family room based on two adults, two children under 18. Valid 11-12 July 2014.
Work up an appetite with Blue Mountains YHA’s Adventure Deals.
Book online or contact Blue Mountains YHA
Grampians Stay 3, Pay 2
The beautiful Grampians National Park is made for mid-year mini breaks. Get off the beaten track and let loose on a rock climbing or 4WD adventure, or tackle some of the country’s great walks. Then follow up the fun and fresh air with a warming glass of local wine in front of the wood heater at Grampians Eco YHA in Halls Gap. Stay 2 nights and get your third night free.
Prices start from $54 for 3 nights - that's only $18 per night!
Valid for all room types. Deal ends 30 September 2014. Excludes 7-9 June 2014.
Book online or contact Grampians Eco YHA
Port Elliot 3 for 2
Enjoy an extra night during Whale Watching season - on us! It's a beautiful time of year here in Port Elliot - perfect for a coastal adventure, some wine tasting, market hopping and long lunches or just chilling on our balcony watching the whales, and the world go by. To really enjoy, you need three nights so we've decided to throw one in for you.
Here's the deal: Stay 3 nights in any room type and pay for only 2 nights' accommodation.
Available for all room types. Valid until end September 2014
Book online or contact Port Elliot YHA
Best of Brisbane
Experience the best of Brisbane with three "must do" day tours in the sunny city. Tour the iconic XXXX Brewery, enjoy a scenic cruise down the Brisbane River, and cuddle koalas at Lone Pine Sanctuary. Package includes:
- 2 nights’ multi-share at Brisbane City YHA
- XXXX Brewery tour + 4 beer tasters + 2 beers
- Entry into Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
- Scenic Brisbane river cruise from South Bank
Priced from AU$142 per person. Valid to 31 March 2015.
Book online or contact Brisbane City YHA
Apollo Bay 3rd Night Free
Take your time and enjoy a trip along the stunning Great Ocean Road. Stay for 2 nights and receive a 3rd night absolutely FREE!
Prices start from $63 for three nights - that's only $21 per night in a 4 share dorm!
Valid for all room types for stays until 31 October 2014. Excludes 7-9 June 2014.
Book online or contact Apollo Bay YHA
Sydney City Break
Sydney has all the icons - the bridge, the beaches, the harbour… but there’s much more too. Great mid-year events like Vivid (May-June), the Sydney Film Festival (4-15 June), Winter Festival (13 June - 13 July), Strictly Ballroom The Musical (until 6 July), and The Rocks Aroma Festival (19 July) can be combined with exhibitions, shows, concerts and great food and shopping. Stay in the heart of the city at Sydney Harbour YHA and you can walk everywhere you need to go. Enjoy this multi-award winning hostel with views to die for and save with this special deal. Sydney City Break Package includes:
- 3 nights’ at Sydney Harbour YHA
- Daily breakfast (continental or DIY cooked)
- 1 dinner at The Australian Hotel including small pizza or salad plus choice of 1 glass of house wine/pint of beer/or soft drink
- Four-share ensuite room from $150 per person
- Double/twin ensuite room from $432 per room (two people)
Valid 1 March to 30 September 2014.
Book online or contact Sydney Harbour YHA
Melbourne City Break
Festivals, food and footy – Melbourne buzzes day and night and is very much about urban cool. The cooler months are the best time to make the most of the city’s events, nightlife, food and culture. Oh, and the shopping. Take a short break and save with this special offer at Melbourne Metro YHA, located in trendy North Melbourne only a short walk from the CBD. Melbourne City Break package includes:
- 3 nights at Melbourne Metro YHA - save 15% off regular prices!
- 3 continental breakfasts
- A Myki card with value for one day on all public transport
- Multi-share from $120 per person
- Double/twin ensuite room from $300 per room (based on two people)
Valid 1 March to 30 September 2014.
Book online or contact Melbourne Metro YHA
Adelaide City Break
A visit to Adelaide is not just a visit to city. In just a few days, you could find yourself bushwalking in the hills, walking miles along sandy beaches, tasting boutique wines at a friendly cellar door, exploring pioneer towns and villages, shopping til you drop and feasting on local produce at one of many amazing markets. We’ve just made it easier (and much cheaper) for you with this special package. Adelaide City Break package includes:
- 3 Nights at Adelaide Central YHA
- Daily Breakfast (continental or DIY cooked)
- 3 day Adelaide Metro Visitor Pass (unlimited bus/train/tram travel and maps
- Multi-share from $121.50 per person
- Double/twin room with shared bathroom from $303 per room (based on two people)
- Double/twin room with ensuite from $354 per room (based on two people)
Valid 1 April to 30 September 2014.
Book online or contact Adelaide Central YHA
Staying several days? Take advantage of YHA's Wired Deals offering accommodation + WiFi at hostels in Adelaide, Brisbane, Cairns, Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney and Surfers Paradise.