Back to news
Tiger roars into the Whitsundays, Cairns and Darwin
This year is proving to be a bumper year for Tigerair Australia with the low cost carrier launching not one, but three new services, to some of the country’s hottest destinations.
Sydneysiders can take advantage of the only direct services between Sydney Airport and Whitsundays Coast Airport (Proserpine). The three weekly return flights will deliver travellers to the Whitsundays' doorstep every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Departing Sydney at 8.15am and arriving at 10.45am, the direct flights give backpackers plenty of time to transfer to Airlie Beach (30 mins) and still have most of the day to enjoy Airlie and the Whitsundays attractions. Return flights depart 11.15am, arriving in Sydney at 1.25pm. Tickets are currently available from just $85 (until 26 June). Reasonable departure times, smooth flying, and an affordable price - what more do you want from a low-cost carrier?
The new flights couldn't come at a better time, with the Whitsundays' Whitehaven Beach recently announced as the best beach in the South Pacific, in TripAdvisor's Traveller's Choice Awards.
It should also be good news for Airlie Beach YHA. The hostel is conviently located right on the main street of Airlie Beach, which is known as the gateway to The Whitsundays. Among the YHA's great-value packages, backpackers can take advantage of maxi yacht and tall ship sailing adventures out to Whitehaven Beach.
Our pick? Cross off two bucket list items in two days with the YHA's Whitsundays Fly & Cruise Package. The package includes: 1 night's accommodation; a 60 minute scenic flight over the Islands and Great Barrier Reef; and a full day ocean rafting trip out to Whitehaven Beach with Hill Inlet and snorkelling stops. And if you thought this was out of backpackers' league, think again. This package is available for $344 - a massive 50% off for YHA members.
Cairns and Darwin have also benefited from the low cost carrier’s expanding network, with brand new daily services operating from Brisbane to both destinations.
The daily return flights will bring quick and affordable access to the reef, rainforest, action and relaxation of Far North Queensland and the tropical Top End attractions of the Northern Territory’s capital. Even better, by combining a budget Tiger Airways airfare with great value accommodation at Cairns Central YHA or Darwin YHA you’ll have more in your pocket to enjoy the destination.
Tigerair services include:
- From Adelaide - to Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane
- From Alice Springs - to Melbourne and Sydney
- From Brisbane - to Sydney, Melbourne, Cairns, Adelaide and Darwin
- From Cairns - to Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne
- From Coffs Harbour - to Sydney
- From Darwin - to Brisbane
- From Gold Coast - to Sydney and Melbourne
- From Hobart - to Melbourne
- From Mackay (Whitsundays) - to Melbourne
- From Melbourne - to Adelaide, Hobart, Sydney, Gold Coast, Brisbane, Sunshine Coast, Alice Springs, Mackay, Cairns and Perth
- From Perth - to Melbourne, Sydney and Singapore
- From Sunshine Coast - to Melbourne
- From Sydney - to Gold Coast, Brisbane, Coffs Harbour, Melbourne, Adelaide, Whitsunday Coast (Proserpine), Alice Springs, Cairns, and Perth
- From Whitsunday Coast (Prosperpine) - to Sydney
Visit tigerair.com and snap up an incredible value sale fare for travel by 26 June 2014.
YHA has destinations in all these locations. Book online.