Before you purchase YHA membership...
1. Are you already a member?
If you are a member you will see a membership card on the MyYHA page.
2. Have you stayed at a YHA property in Australia in the past 2 years?
If you have, then you're probably already a current member and don't need to pay for another. Just be sure to use the same email address each time you book and your membership and reservations will be linked.
3. Do you have an upcoming reservation at a YHA property in Australia?
If yes, then you will become a member (or your membership will be renewed/reactivated) after you check-in and you don't need to pay for membership before you stay. You will receive an email, not long after you have checked-in, with your membership details.
4. Are you travelling to Australia and will stay with us but haven't booked yet?
If yes, then you will become a member when you stay your first night with us and don't need to purchase membership before you stay.
5. Heading overseas and staying at YHA and Hostelling International properties?
If you are already a YHA Australia member, you are also a member of Hostelling International and don't need to purchase an additional membership.
6. Are you purchasing membership on behalf of someone else?
IMPORTANT: Please provide their name as the credit card holder and their email address so the membership is created and sent direct to them with the correct details.
7. Not sure if you're already a member?
If you are a member you will see a membership card on the MyYHA page or you can fill out our membership enquiry form and we'll check our database for a record and get back to you (please provide full name, email address, date of birth and details of any recent stays (if applicable) to assist in our search).