Group Terms and Conditions
GROUP TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Making a group booking is conditional upon there being sufficient capacity at the property to accommodate the booking and the booking being accepted by YHA.
- a non-refundable deposit in an amount equal to 10% of the total expected revenue or $250, whichever is higher, must be paid on confirmation
- no later than 90 days prior to the Arrival Date, a further deposit must be paid in order to bring the total deposits paid to 50% of the total expected revenue.
- no later than 30 days prior to the Arrival Date, a further deposit must be paid in order to bring the total deposits paid to 100% of the total expected revenue.
If these payments are not received on time, YHA reserves the right to cancel your booking, retaining all previously paid funds as a cancellation fee.
Refunds and Cancellations
In the event that you have to cancel your booking, the following cancellation policy will apply:
- where the group is cancelled at least 91 days prior to the Arrival Date, YHA is entitled to retain an amount equal to 10% of the total expected revenue or $250, whichever is higher.
- where the group is cancelled between 90 and 30 days prior to the Arrival Date, YHA is entitled to retain an amount equal to 50% of the total expected revenue .
- where the group is cancelled less than 30 days prior to the Arrival Date, the total expected revenue is payable in full.
- Final numbers are required at least 30 days prior to arrival.
- Any increase in numbers at any stage will be treated as a request. We will do our best to accommodate them, but cannot guarantee this.
- If there is a decrease in group numbers of more than 10% of the total amount, the above cancellation fees will apply – unless it is within 30 days of arrival. In this case, there will be no refund.
Notice of Liability
The group leader must agree to ensure that their group will abide by the YHA requirements listed below and any reasonable instructions made by the property manager or staff. The group leader must undertake:
- To accept responsibility for proven damage or loss caused by the group to property occupancy, building, equipment including safety and security systems. To recompense YHA for any such loss or damage, including refunds to other guests that cannot be accommodated as the result of or related to serious group misbehaviour.
- To abide by the conditions of payment for a booking, including the cancellation policy as detailed above.
- To ensure that any children in the group are supervised at all times. Children must be supervised in public areas that may include elevators, swimming pools and rooftop areas.
- To agree that YHA does not accept responsibility for accidents which may occur to any group member, or for any damage or theft of property whilst using YHA properties.
- Not to drink alcohol excessively at the property. If members of the group are under 18, to agree not to bring alcohol onto the property premises or to return to the premises in an intoxicated state. Leaders are particularly responsible for ensuring any group member under 18 years of age abides by YHA’s policies barring smoking and consumption of alcohol.
- To follow all parking and other specific requests of the property management.
- To ensure the group does not block entrances or exits to the property at any time.
- To ensure the group does not interfere with or block access to any of the fire equipment or services throughout the building including smoke detectors, fire extinguishers and fire exits.
YHA undertakes to provide the agreed services at the agreed times by the Property. This obligation does not apply under circumstances beyond the control of YHA such as:
- If the group does not arrive
- If the group fails to pay the deposit or balance on time
- Standard property policies will be clearly displayed or made available to all guests within the property. Group members are expected to comply with such property policies.
- A bond may be required from group guests – at the Manager’s discretion.
- YHA reserves the right at all times and without prior notice to stop accommodating a group if one or more group members contravenes property policies. No refunds will be given in these circumstances.
- YHA reserves the right to charge administration fees when numerous changes are made to bookings.
- YHA reserves the right to charge administration fees for late payments.
- YHA reserves the right to have event rates, minimum night stay restrictions and non-refundable periods during peak times.
If you are ordering meals, please note that all catering orders and special dietary requirements need to be finalised at least 4 weeks prior to arrival. Please be aware most properties cannot facilitate self-catering by groups. Please check the information provided by each property.
Cancellation by YHA
YHA reserves the right to terminate a booking without any obligation to pay compensation if there is sufficient cause to believe that the nature of the group’s meeting at the property is different than could reasonably have been expected, based on the group’s request or on the character of the group, and that YHA would not have entered into the agreement had it known the true nature of the intended meeting. Should YHA choose to exercise this right after such meeting has commenced at the Property, the group’s payment for the services rendered to that point will be retained and the balance paid will be refunded.
As YHA Australia is a not-for-profit, membership based organisation, all bona fide groups of 10 or more people that stay with us will automatically qualify for group membership. This provides several benefits and is at no extra charge to you. Full details of this are available from our Group Coordinators.
Last updated: 15/07/2022