Riverside Backpackers (Murwillumbah)
About Riverside Backpackers (Murwillumbah)
Riverside Backpackers (Murwillumbah) is an original-style hostel, located right on the banks of the Tweed River. It is small and cosy – a place to relax and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere.
Being a small property, guests can easily meet and chat. The house was originally a ferry captain's home featuring riverside gardens and now has a quirky colourful décor and homely atmosphere.
- Free Wi-Fi hotspot
- Premium Wi-Fi Plus
Riverside Backpackers (Murwillumbah) features
- Murwillumbah is an authentic Aussie town with 1920s Art-deco buildings. Off the beaten track and located between Byron Bay and the Gold Coast, but so different to other towns.
- One of the features of the town is that it is quiet enough that it offers personal friendly service in the shops, staff are happy to welcome customers with a smile.
- Experience a typical Aussie community, see the murals and graffiti wall, swim or kayak the peaceful Tweed River.
- Stunning views of World Heritage listed Mt Warning and the Tweed River can be viewed from the hostel balcony. Scenic sunsets are an evening photographic treat.
- The Margaret Ollie Art Gallery is only 2.5 km from the property.
- This cosy backpacker accommodation makes a great base to explore Mount Warning and the surrounding national parks, rainforest and waterfalls.
- The hostel has free Wi-Fi hotspot and premium Wi-Fi (paid).
Did you know?
Long term Manager Tassie planned to close Riverside Backpackers (Murwillumbah) and retire in 2016. When he informed the guests, there was a mutiny! Thinking travellers would prefer the more modern hostels nearby, Tassie was surprised to hear that the age and charm of his property is what they liked about the place. It reminded them of a riverside shack, bringing back memories of family holidays when they were younger. To allow Tassie a 'little time off', he is only available on property in the morning so give him a call, make your booking, and he'll organise everything for your arrival!
For over 80 years, YHA Australia has been a safe and inclusive place for travellers from all walks of life. Guests are required to abide by YHA's house rules when staying at our properties.
|Traditional Place Name:|
1 Tumbulgum Road
Show location map
|Phone:||0409 221 385 | (+612) 6672 3763|
|Hostel Manager:||Tassie Duff|
|Hostel||Open all year|
8am-5pm | After hours arrivals: contact property for alternative arrangements.
|Check out||until 10am|