YHA Darwin | MoM Darwin
YHA Darwin (MOM Darwin) is a great base for exploring the spectacular World Heritage Kakadu National Park, the magnificent waterfalls at Litchfield National Park, the Tiwi Islands and the Arnhem Land Aboriginal Reserve. Darwin enjoys a warm tropical climate all year. The dry season (May to November) is the cooler time of the year in the 'Top End' and allows for excellent outdoor activities like the Mindil Beach Markets.
How better to start an evening than a few bevvies and a burger?
Join us on the roof for a few cheap drinks and some old school party games!
Every hour is happy hour on Thursdays! Head to the rooftop and sink a few bevvies. This is the life.
One of the more delicious Aussie traditions!
Parap Market Tour
Your very own transport and guide to the famous Parap Market - make sure to bring some cash for food, drink and souvenirs!
Street Art Walking Tour
Forget Melbourne, this city has some serious street art. Instagram at the ready!
Aboriginal Bush Traders Walk
Join us for a short walk to Aboriginal Bush Traders, a local non-for-profit art gallery and gift shop. Learn about local Indigenous artists, their pieces, and the history of art in the region.
Things to do in Darwin
- Enjoy Mindil Beach Markets and its spectacular sunset, live entertainment and great food and craft stalls (dry season only)
- Visit Museum & Art Gallery of the NT and discover the Territories art, natural science, history and aboriginal culture.
- Head to Darwin Waterfront and Lagoon to relax, go for a swim or a walk along the wharf.
- Have a guided tour of the NT Parliament House, otherwise known as ‘the wedding cake.’ (February to November)
- East Point Reserve and Lake Alexander; a large reserve with evidence of Darwin’s wartime history as well as a beautiful lake and the best views in town.
- George Brown Botanical Gardens, an oasis in Darwin and a great place to relax and discover the plants from tropical climate.
- Litchfield National Park, only 1.5 hours from Darwin and well worth the visit: stunning rainforest, waterfalls, termite mounds, historic ruins... (tours also bookable from reception)
- Berry Springs Nature Park, only 45 minutes from Darwin. Perfect area for swimming, walking, picnics, wildlife spotting...