YHA Stradbroke Island | Manta Lodge & Scuba Centre
Surfboard hire from $15
Keen to catch some waves on straddie? Hire a board from reception for $15 for an hour, $25 for a half day or $40 for a full day. The feeling? Priceless.
Sunset on Adder Rock
End your day watching the sunset 2 minutes from the hostel on the beach.
Free ping pong and pool
Free ping pong and pool table available for all guests.
Come experience the best scuba diving in the Brisbane area with us! Manta Lodge & Scuba Centre has access to one of Australia’s premier underwater playgrounds, the Moreton Bay Marine Park, which includes the famous Manta Bommie, rated as a Top 10 Dive Site in Australia.
Join our awesome sandboarding adventure for only $40. Ask at reception for more information
Things to do on Stradbroke Island
- Visit the Gorge Walk at the top of Point Lookout for spectacular views and wildlife.
- Relax or walk along the island's beautiful beaches.
- Go surfing and take advantage of the free boogie boards or hire our surfboards to enjoy the waves.
- Sunset on Adder Rock - end your day watching the sunset just a 2 minutes from the hostel.
- Take a day trip into either Brisbane or Surfers Paradise two of the most iconic cities in Queensland.
- Bush walking - every Wednesday the local bushwalkers meet at 8-8:30am to complete a walk on the island. (Only available through the cooler months).
- Meander through the variety of market stalls showcasing local produce from the island and surrounding area. Runs alternate Sundays.