Surfers Paradise YHA is committed to reducing its environmental footprint through a mix of conservation and sustainable practices. Our initiatives include reducing energy consumption, minimising waste and saving water.
Energy/Greenhouse gas reduction:
- Low energy bulbs used throughout the hotel
- Offer bike rental
- Promote the use of public transport
- Participate in annual Earth Hour event
- Recycle paper, cardboard, glass, plastic, aluminium and steel cans, batteries, clothing and printer cartridges.
- Have a dedicated area for guests to leave things they don’t need but other people might
- Use partially recycled paper in hostel office
- Sell refillable water bottles and fabric shopping bags
Water Saving measures:
- Water efficient taps and showers (3 star WELS rating)
- Dual flush toilets
- Signage in bathrooms encouraging guests to minimise water usage
We encourage you to help minimise your environmental footprint wherever possible when travelling and staying with YHA.