About YHA Port Fairy
This charming fishing village is a must see. Port Fairy is located at the end of the iconic Great Ocean Road and is one of the busiest fishing ports in Victoria. Watch the fishermen unload their catch for the day, laze on the beach, learn to surf or stand up paddleboard with Go Surf and wander the wide streets lined with quaint nineteenth century cottages including our own YHA!
Please provide your contact information when booking online. Cancellation is 48 hours before arrival date.
All private rooms include:
Linen & individual bed lights | Fan & heater | Access to kitchen & BBQ courtyard | Shared bathroom (ensuite with King room only)
Self contained Cabin including lounge & garden with BBQ area
All co-living rooms include:
Linen & individual bed lights with powerpoint | Fan & heater | Access to kitchen & BBQ courtyard
Stables room with small lockers
*Guests must be over 18 years of age to stay in a co-living room
Family rooms include:
1 King bed or 2 single beds & 2 sets of bunk beds
- Shared Bathroom (4 bed Family room)
- Private Bathroom (6 bed Family room only)
- Fan and heater
- Self-catering kitchen
- Communal lounge with TV
- Pool table
- Gas fireplace
- BBQ in outdoor courtyard
- Free fishing gear
- Free boogie board hire
- Bicycle hire
- Free Wi-Fi in common areas
YHA Port Fairy features
- A piece of Victorian history and former home to the town founder, YHA Port Fairy is one of the oldest heritage buildings in the seaside town.
- Ideally located, the property is walking distance to the town centre, lovely restaurants serving fresh locally caught seafood, beautiful beaches and picturesque Griffith Island Lighthouse.
- The YHA is your comfortable home away from home with an open fire place, pool table, cosy rooms, free Wi-Fi in common areas, friendly managers and free boogie board and fishing gear hire.
Reviews of YHA Port Fairy
- "Brilliant! We loved the homey touches and welcoming atmosphere of the place ...comfortable , clean, well equipped kitchen and gorgeous courtyard garden. Jess the manager was very helpful and friendly." - Kim
- "Friendly, homey well-kept historic hostel in idyllic fishing village. This is my favourite hostel in Australia, I’ve been going to it for years. The rooms in the premises are kept immaculately clean, and comfy and will set out. The kitchen is a wonderful space to not only cook but swap stories and travel advice with like-minded people. The hostel itself is situated perfectly within the town. One street away from a picturesque Moyne River with sailing and fishing boats, 10 mins walking is a turquoise swimming beach. Five minutes walk the other way is the town's main street, which offers scrumptious meals, general provisions and delicious ice cream. The hostel itself has a mixture of family, double and single rooms as well as dorm rooms, all our beautifully kept and very comfortable. The hostel boasts 1840’s grandeur - a large Victorian lounge room is cosy and comfortable and a great place to meet other travellers." - Jennifer
For over 80 years, YHA Australia has been a safe and inclusive place for travellers from all walks of life. Guests are required to abide by YHA's house rules when staying at our properties.
|Traditional Place Name:|
8 Cox Street
Show location map
|Phone:||(+61) 0486 048 925|
|Hostel Manager:||Jessica Gardner|
|Hostel||Open all year|
10am-11am & 4pm-5pm | Out of hours arrivals: contact property for alternative arrangements.
|Check out||until 10am|