Melbourne Metro YHA
- Melbourne is well known for it's abundance of gardens, so grab your mates, pack a picnic and relax in the sunshine while you eat until your heart's content.
- Tour the arty alleyways, starting at Hosier Lane (opposite Federation Square) and follow the laneways heading north from there.
- Visit Federation Square - there's always a festival happening, a weekend market to peruse, a variety of activities going on or something on their big screen to keep you entertained for hours.
- Gallery hop between The National Gallery of Victoria, The Ian Potter Centre, ACMI and The Australian Centre for Contemporary Art - all for free!
- Head to the Queen Victoria Market to browse the local produce, handmade crafts and secondhand treasures. The Rose Street Artists markets in Fitzroy ooze with Melbourne creativity, and it's free to have a look.
- Cycle the city for nothing. Blue bike kiosks are spotted all around the city for visitors and tourists to explore. There's a holding deposit to ride, but the first 30 minutes are free. Grab a bike and start pedaling!
- For an easy, breezy and beautiful beach, head to St. Kilda. The sea front promenade and St Kilda pier have lovely views of the seascape and adrenaline-seeking kite surfers.
- Head to the Koorie Heritage Trust’s Cultural Centre in Federation Square. A permanent social history exhibition is complemented by changing exhibitions by new and established Aboriginal artists.
Connect with this hostel
Follow us on Facebook: