Phillip Island YHA_Exterior
Phillip Island YHA -The Big Wave
Phillip Island YHA_Kitchen
Phillip Island YHA_Dining Room
Phillip Island YHA_Balcony
Phillip Island YHA_Lounge
Phillip Island YHA_4 Share Private Bathroom
Phillip Island YHA_6 Share
See the Penguins at the Penguin Parade
Head to the beach!
About YHA Phillip Island
The award-winning YHA Phillip Island hostel, also know as The Island Accommodation, is your gateway to one of Australia’s most famous islands. Located in Newhaven, the first town on the island, this stylish, modern, purpose-built traveller hostel offers funky comfortable lounges, gourmet-style kitchen areas, free Wi-Fi hotspot, large balconies and a rooftop deck while still being environmentally friendly.
Fancy having the place to yourself? Learn more about our exclusive use bookings.
All private rooms include:
Linen, fans and heaters | TV & DVD player | Access to kitchen, rooftop deck & balcony with BBQ | Access to ping pong tables & TV room with Xbox
Ensuite | Premium Wi-Fi
All co-living rooms include:
Linen, fans, heaters & lockers | Access to kitchen, rooftop deck & balcony with BBQ | Access to ping pong tables & TV room with Xbox
Ensuite | Premium Wi-Fi
*Guests must be over 18 years of age to stay in a co-living room
Family rooms include:
1 Queen bed, 1 single bed & 1 set of bunk beds | Linen | Fan and heater
- Self-Catering Kitchen
- Communal Lounge
- Rooftop Deck
- Balcony with BBQ
- Ping Pong Table & Games
- TV Room with Xbox
- Air conditioning
- Onsite Cafe/Restaurant
- Tour desk
- Free Wi-Fi hotspot
- Wi-Fi Plus available
- Surfboard Hire
- Bike Hire
- Free Parking
YHA Phillip Island features
- There’s a great café next door for breakfast and lunch and onsite surfboard and bike hire.
- Accommodation includes multi-share and family rooms, some with ensuites, and group accommodation.
- The kitchen area and TV Room are open from 6.30 am until 10.45 pm.
- A 2-night minimum stay is required for public holidays, special events, and peak periods.
- A 5-night minimum stay is required for MotoGP.
Reviews of YHA Phillip Island
- "Amazing! The hostel is so so clean! Very well maintained, bathrooms are lovely, staff is super nice and helpful! Stayed longer even though the weather was bad because the hostel was so nice!" - Molly
- "Excellent stay. Clean and securely locked rooms with great facilities. It was in a good location and the service was friendly. I recommend staying here to see the beautiful island. Seemed to accommodate a whole range of travellers, with lots of solo travellers, group travellers and families being catered for." - Rose
Things to do on Phillip Island
Home to the famous nightly parade of Little Penguins, Phillip Island also offers a host of other attractions and events. The island’s natural beauty and laid back lifestyle makes it the perfect place to relax. Visit the Koala Conservation Centre, walk deserted beaches, explore the rugged coastline or take a wildlife cruise. The island is also famous for its events including various motor sport meets and music festivals.
Check out the map of Phillip Island to see some of the things you can do.
For over 80 years, YHA Australia has been a safe and inclusive place for travellers from all walks of life. Guests are required to abide by YHA's house rules when staying at our properties.
|Traditional Place Name:||
The Big Wave Complex, 10-12 Phillip Island Tourist Road
Show location map
|Phone:||(+613) 5956 6123|
|Hostel Manager:||Larson Henderson|
|Hostel||Open all year|
Summer: 9am-7pm & Winter: 9am-5pm | After hours arrivals: contact property for alternative arrangements.
|Check in||from 2pm|
|Check out||until 10am|