YHA Phillip Island
There's so much to see and do at Phillip Island! The island has lots of wildlife attractions including the world-famous nightly parade of the Little Penguins, the Koala Conservation Centre, the Nobbies Centre detailing everything there is to know about the Australian Fur Seals and Churchill Heritage Farm.
Phillip Island is also blessed with beautiful natural beaches, great surf breaks, rugged coastal views, great bushwalks and cute local cafes and restaurants. For the sports enthusiast the Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit is a must see and is home to a busy motor sports event calendar including the annual Australian MotoGP.
Phillip Island is the perfect holiday destination for nature lovers and those on a budget.
Hire a bike for the day and explore the island on bike!
FREE Video Games
Challenge your friends to a game of FIFA on our Playstation 3!
Things to do in on Phillip Island
- Hit the beach! Phillip Island is covered in gorgeous beaches, so whether you want to surf, kayak, stand up paddle board or just nap, there's a beach for you.
- Phillip Island has an abundance of walking trails with stunning lookouts and glimpses of wildlife. Our favourite is the Cape Woolamai trail, but all of them are amazing.
- Watch the sunset at the Nobbies. At the far west end of the island lies a group of rocks called the Nobbies. There's nothing better than watching the sun set here while the rest of the tourists toddle off to the Penguin Parade.
- Star gaze. Away from the bright city lights, the stars shine brightly on Phillip Island. Drive to a secluded location (we recommend a beach car park), pop open the boot and settle in for a night of star gazing.
- Explore the Forrest caves, get lost inside two naturally forming caves of the coast of the beach. Both caves are completely safe of course.
- Enjoy bird watching? have a hike down the swan lake trail and make sure to bring your binoculars as you never know what birds you could spot.