Day 1 – Adelaide to Kangaroo Island
Today we begin our adventure with a drive through the picturesque countryside. Keep your eyes out of the window and you may even spot Kangaroos along the way. Once on the ferry sit back and relax with a coffee as we cruise over to the island.
Our first destination on KI is Rob’s Sheep Shearing. If you have ever wondered what could be so exciting about sheep shearing, Rob will totally win you over! This Aussie character will mesmerise you with his shearing skills. After all the fun we head to Pennington Bay for an amazing photo opportunity. Our journey continues from stunning views to the minty pine smell of Australian Eucalyptus. Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Distillery is the only commercial eucalyptus distillery in South Australia.
Next stop is gorgeous Seal Bay for a guided beach walk amongst the sea lions, before getting a little adrenalin rush sandboarding at Little Sahara. Arrive at Vivonne Bay Lodge and spend the afternoon indulging in a variety of activities including kayaking, swimming, trail bike riding, bush walking or simply unwind on the beach. Tonight you can sit back and relax with a glass of local wine and a delicious Aussie BBQ dinner.
Day 2 – Kangaroo Island to Adelaide
After breakfast we get ‘up-close’ to wildlife at Hanson Bay Wildlife Sanctuary. Keep a look out for Koalas lazing about in the trees and Kangaroos grazing in the field. We then continue on to Flinders Chase National Park where you will marvel at the iconic Remarkable Rocks; huge granite boulders sculpted by nature. Let your imagination run wild and you will quickly discover some fun spots for hilarious photos. Enjoy the spectacular coast as we head around to Admirals Arch where we watch the resident New Zealand fur seals frolic in the ocean and sunbake on the rocks.
After lunch we journey to the beautiful, secluded beach of Stokes Bay for some spectacular views back to the mainland. Time and weather permitting, we make several stops en route to Penneshaw allowing time to purchase dinner (own expense) before we make our way back to Adelaide.
- $10 discount by booking online (already calculated in booking price, RRP $449)
- Return coach and ferry transfers to Kangaroo Island
- 2 Day Kangaroo Island Adventure Tour, with an experienced tour guide.
- All entrance fees on Kangaroo Island to attractions and national parks
- Includes all meals on tour
- Travel in a small comfortable air conditioned coach
- Free Wi-Fi at Vivonne Bay Lodge
- Option to add 2 nights discounted multishare accommodation at Adelaide Central YHA before and after your tour
December - March: Daily.
April and November: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday.
May - August: Wednesday and Saturday.
September and October: Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.
Tour departs Adelaide Central Bus Station 85 Franklin Street at 6:15am and arrives back into Adelaide approximately 10:40pm
From 01 April 2017 until 31 March 2018
Some price options may not be available and Tours & Activities must be booked at least five days prior to the end of their current season and not more than six months in advance.
Things you should know
Important Product Information
Cancellation and Amendment FeesCancellations:
Due to the discount offered and the structure of this package - it is non-refundable once confirmed.Amendments:
Each amendment (not cancellation) to the original booking, after confirmation will incur a fee of A$25 per person and per amendment.
Amendments are subject to availability.
General Terms and Conditions
- Your credit card will be debited upon completion of the online booking process. Your booking is guaranteed once you receive a confirmation email from a YHA Travel & Tours consultant.
- In the unlikely event we cannot confirm your booking, we will refund the total amount to the credit card with which payment has been made within 7 days. YHA Travel & Tours and its suppliers are not liable in the event a tour or package is not available, and any refunds are restricted to the purchase price of the tour or package booked.
- All prices quoted are in Australian Dollars.
- If you selected a YHA Member rate, then avalid YHA/Hostelling International membership card has to be presented for each person booked when checking in. If you are unable to join prior to arrival, you must purchase a membership upon arrival at the hostel, or pay the price difference between the member and standard rates,
- YHA Travel & Tours will aim to respond to your booking within 48 hours by email. However, in some instances (for example during long weekends or public holidays) the response time may vary.
- Please note that only some hostels are suitable for wheelchair access. If in doubt please contact the individual hostel.
- The responsibility of YHA Travel & Tours in connection with 'Travel Deals' is limited to the sale of accommodation only. The sale of other services as described in the Travel Deals products is made by YHA Travel & Tours as agent only for the persons providing such other services and upon the condition that YHA Travel & Tours shall not be liable for any accidents, loss, injury, delay or damage caused by or arising out of the provision of or failure to provide any other such service.
- YHA Travel & Tours believes that the content of this website is correct at the time of publishing, but all prices and services described herein are subject to change or withdrawal without notice.
- YHA Travel & Tours will be under no obligation to any person as a result of any inaccuracy or misdescription to provide any services set out herein.
Cancellations and Amendments
If you need to cancel or amend your booking after we have confirmed, please notify us immediately by email or fax. On the booking confirmation print-out, you can find the email contact details. If you cancel or amend your booking after we have confirmed or fail to arrive on the nominated day, we will charge you the fees outlined in the specific product conditions.
We strongly advise you purchase adequate travel insurance to safeguard against any losses.
All prices and information stated on this booking request are subject to change. Please note that every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of all information on this website. However, YHA Travel & Tours does not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions.
Personal information is collected by YHA to provide products or services to you. If you wish to read our Privacy Statement please click here.