Relax and explore the beauty of Rottnest Island as you cycle around the island at your own pace. Enjoy the pristine beaches, crystal clear waters and relaxed atmosphere,
Some of the world's finest beaches and bays can be found at Rottnest Island, providing a spectacular venue for snorkeling, scuba diving, surfing, cycling, sunbathing and swimming.
Colonial streetscapes and architecture among the oldest in Australia are also a feature of this historic island. The Rottnest Island Marine Reserve includes 1700 hectares of ocean surrounding the island. Look out for the island's famous wildlife residents, the curious quokka!
It is a favoured destination for holidays and day trips conveniently located a short distance from the main land by ferry.
The Government landing fee has been included in the price
Please note this is a day tour only and cannot be extended to include overnight accommodation.
Ferry departs daily at 8.30am from Barrack St Jetty in Perth. See notes regarding return service below.
* Due to high occupancy, please book at least 5 days in advance. For bookings under 5 days, please enquire at YHA Travel.
- Tour package includes ferry crossing to Rottnest Island from Barrack Street Jetty, river cruise and bike hire (including helmet and lock)
- Snorkels can be rented for $20 per person
- You will have the chance to meet Quokkas, a Marsupial native to Rottnest Island
- Swim and snorkel the crystal clear waters of the Indian Ocean
Ferry departs daily at 8.30am from Barrack St Jetty in Perth.
From 01 September 2015 until 30 June 2017
Some price options may not be available and Tours & Activities must be booked at least five days prior to the end of their current season and not more than six months in advance.
Things you should know
Important Product Information
- More than 14 days prior to commencement: YHA Travel charges a 20% cancellation fee in addition to any charges imposed by the Tour Operator
- More than 48 hours and less than 14 days prior to commencement: YHA Travel charges a 50% cancellation fee in addition to any charges imposed by the Tour Operator
- Less than 48 hours prior to commencement: No refund
- Bookings can only be amended more than 14 days prior to commencement. If you wish to change your booking within 14 days of commencement, you will need to cancel your existing booking and make a new booking.
- Each amendment (not cancellation) to the original booking after confirmation will incur a fee of A$25 per person and per amendment.
General Terms and Conditions
- Your credit card will be debited upon completion of the online booking process. Your booking is guaranteed once you receive a confirmation email from a YHA Travel & Tours consultant.
- In the unlikely event we cannot confirm your booking, we will refund the total amount to the credit card with which payment has been made within 7 days. YHA Travel & Tours and its suppliers are not liable in the event a tour or package is not available, and any refunds are restricted to the purchase price of the tour or package booked.
- All prices quoted are in Australian Dollars.
- If you selected a YHA Member rate, then avalid YHA/Hostelling International membership card has to be presented for each person booked when checking in. If you are unable to join prior to arrival, you must purchase a membership upon arrival at the hostel, or pay the price difference between the member and standard rates,
- YHA Travel & Tours will aim to respond to your booking within 48 hours by email. However, in some instances (for example during long weekends or public holidays) the response time may vary.
- Please note that only some hostels are suitable for wheelchair access. If in doubt please contact the individual hostel.
- The responsibility of YHA Travel & Tours in connection with 'Travel Deals' is limited to the sale of accommodation only. The sale of other services as described in the Travel Deals products is made by YHA Travel & Tours as agent only for the persons providing such other services and upon the condition that YHA Travel & Tours shall not be liable for any accidents, loss, injury, delay or damage caused by or arising out of the provision of or failure to provide any other such service.
- YHA Travel & Tours believes that the content of this website is correct at the time of publishing, but all prices and services described herein are subject to change or withdrawal without notice.
- YHA Travel & Tours will be under no obligation to any person as a result of any inaccuracy or misdescription to provide any services set out herein.
Cancellations and Amendments
If you need to cancel or amend your booking after we have confirmed, please notify us immediately by email or fax. On the booking confirmation print-out, you can find the email contact details. If you cancel or amend your booking after we have confirmed or fail to arrive on the nominated day, we will charge you the fees outlined in the specific product conditions.
We strongly advise you purchase adequate travel insurance to safeguard against any losses.
All prices and information stated on this booking request are subject to change. Please note that every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of all information on this website. However, YHA Travel & Tours does not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions.
Personal information is collected by YHA to provide products or services to you. If you wish to read our Privacy Statement please click here.