YHA Alice Springs
Important information & operating hours
- Our team is available 9am-11am and 2pm-5pm.
- Check in is anytime after 2pm. If you are arriving after 5pm please notify the property ahead of time. We will provide late check-in details on request (late arrival box in front of the building). If arriving before 9am, a mobile phone
number will be displayed on the front door.
- Check out is until 10am. Please bring down all beige-coloured linen and towels to reception, leaving your pillow and doona in the room.
- Want to stay longer? Extend at reception before your check-out to stay in the same room, and for the best rates!
- Key card access is required for property entry outside reception hours / night.
- Look after your key - replacement fees apply for lost or damaged keys. All keys must be returned at check- out. If you forget, no worries - keys can be mailed to us or returned to your nearest YHA.
- No sleeping bags or outside linen is allowed to be brought into the property.
- Car Parking - limited parking available ($10/night)
- Bike storage – free bike storage area
- Guest Laundry: Open 24h, $4/wash & $4/dry, (note: bank card payment only). Laundry powder available at reception for $2.
- Lounge with TV located behind kitchen (walk through kitchen)
- Kitchen located off courtyard area
- Kitchen and lounge closed from 11pm-5:30am
- Luggage storage at reception (no cost to guests) access only from 9am-5pm
- WiFi: Free, fast and available throughout the property - simply search and connect to YHA Free Guest WiFi, agree to the T&C's, fill in a super short survey and you're connected!
- We are committed to providing a safe stay for our guests; all areas of YHA Alice Springs are for guest use only.
Where to eat & drink
- Supermarkets Woolworths and Coles are a 5-10min walk from the property
- Restaurants within walking distance (on the mall: Sporties, The Locals, The Bakery, Bella Alice, Epilogue Rooftop Lounge, Page 27 (breakfast & lunch only) and more!)
- Food court vendors in nearby Alice Plaza Shopping Centre
- Guest kitchen - please ensure that you label your food and store your belongings neatly on shelves and in fridges/freezer provided. This is a shared facility, so please leave it clean for the next user by washing, drying, putting away your dishes and wiping down the area you used.
Getting around - nearby services & attractions
- Local transport includes taxi services and local buses, inclusing hire and passenger shuttle services
- Main bus terminal – located near Coles supermarket
- Greyhound bus station in front of library/civic centre (5min walk from YHA)
- Train station/Ghan sevice terminal - located in centre of Alice Springs. Taxi and shuttle services available at the train station terminal
- Shopping areas - Todd Mall, Alice Plaza, Yeperenye Shopping Centre
Things to do
- Discover and explore Alice Springs your way- Click here for a range of YHA recommended experiences and activities.
- Chat to the team at reception or see our activities board for activities happening at the property during your stay.
Your safe stay
- We are committed to providing a safe place for our team and our guests and take our house rules seriously. If you encounter any fellow guests who aren't behaving in line with our code of conduct, or you feel uncomfortable or unsafe please report this to our team immediately. We are here to help you.
- Covid safety continues to remain a top priority for us, here are the measures in place.
- Emergency evacuation details are located on the back of your room door.
- If this is your first stay with YHA Australia, you will receive membership as part of your stay, free of charge!
- If you have stayed before you're membership has been renewed, at no additonal cost, for 2 years from your check-in date.
- YHA Membership entitles you to some great deals on tours, transport, activities, and even retail discounts.
- As part of YHA Australias' connection to Hostelling International (HI) this card is valid all around the world, giving you the best available rate at more than 3,000 properties. Find out more.
We are passionate about operating sustainably. When you book with us, you are choosing one of the most environmentally sustainable types of accommodation. Staying with YHA helps minimise your carbon footprint while travelling. Visit our sustainability page here. We are proud to offer:
- Solar panel energy.
- Low energy and timed lighting.
- Recycling stations in kitchens, common areas and office areas
- Unclaimed lost property is donated to a local charity store.
- We don't have plastic bottles or plastic bags on site but do have reusable bottles and shopping bags for sale.
Book your next stay
Looking for work?
Check out Y-Jobs, our exclusive jobs board which has great work opportunities for working holiday makers across Australia.