Lancelin is a small friendly fishing village with a European touch. One of the world's best windsurfing locations and popular for kitesurfing (October to April). Surf all year round, snorkel, swim, walk, sandboard in the huge Lancelin sand dunes.
Within walking distance from the YHA Lancelin is the Tavern, which has a superb beer garden, looking out over the stunning Indian Ocean.
FREE - Ride bikes
Guests have free use of the bikes at the hostel.
FREE - Take a dip in the pool
Whether you want to swim until your heart's content or just relax on the edge, Lancelin has the perfect pool!
Things to do in Lancelin
- Marvel at the Pinnacles. These stunning formations are just an hour drive north. Sunrise and sunset have the best views.
- Ride the sand waves and go sandboarding. Board down silky white sand dunes for an adrenaline rush!
- Hit the beach! Whether you want to dive straight into the water or relax on the sand all day, Lancelin's beaches are second to none.
- Become a local and immerse yourself with the community at the Lancelin Markets running the 1st and 3rd Sunday of every month.
- Discover the rich vibrant history of this small town at the Lancelin Museum located in the town centre.
- Have a shred at the local skate park, just a short walk from the beach, perfect for BMX, skateboards and scooters.