- Accommodation for 6 nights
- Guided commentary
- Guided walks and free-walking options
- National Park entry fees
- Entry to Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary
- Port Arthur Historic Site entry and harbour cruise
- Pick-ups and drop-offs at selected Hobart CBD locations. Airport Drop offs also available on request
- Additional activity options available (at own expense): Gordon River cruise
The Best of Tasmania in 7 Super Days
- Russell Falls, Mount Field National Park, Lake St Clair
- Franklin-Gordon Wild River National Park, Queenstown
- Tarkine Rainforest, Montezuma Falls, Henty Dunes, Strahan
- Cradle Mountain, Sheffield, Launceston
- Cataract Gorge, St Columba Falls
- Bay of Fires, St Helens, Bicheno
- Freycinet National Park, Wineglass Bay, Cape Tourville
- Port Arthur Historic Site, Crescent Bay, Tasman Peninsula, Tasman National Park
- Hobart’s Mount Wellington Park, Richmond Village, Tasmanian Devils at Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary
- Advanced Eco-Certified Tour
HOBART > STRAHAN
Departing Hobart, your tour of Tasmania/lutruwita begins in Mount Field National Park. Welcome to the Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area. Walk among the world’s tallest eucalyptus trees and discover the cascading Russell Falls. As we journey through the Western Wilds, the incredible scenery continues at Lake St Clair (Australia’s deepest freshwater lake), and the Franklin-Gordon Wild Rivers National Park. You’ll learn about Tasmania’s mining history in Queenstown before arriving in the harbourside village of Strahan where we’ll spend the next two nights.
Overnight | Strahan
WILD WEST COAST
Discover the West Coast’s wild and rugged coastlines and rainforests. Walk to Tasmania’s highest waterfall, Montezuma Falls, within the ancient rainforests of the Tarkine/takayna. At the coast we’ll explore the immense Henty Sand Dunes and walk along Tasmania’s longest stretch of sand at Ocean Beach. Or today you can choose an outstanding nature cruise on the beautiful Gordon River (own cost). Strahan is also a terrific place to look for platypus with the help of your guide.
Overnight | Strahan
CRADLE MOUNTAIN > LAUNCESTON
Cradle Mountain National Park is a highlight of Tasmania. Discover Cradle’s alpine and glacial-carved wilderness as you look for wombats, echidna, and other Tasmanian wildlife. Choose from a variety of world-class walks, such as the track to the summit of Marion’s Lookout, the Dove Lake circuit, or stroll to the Boatshed. After our time enjoying the park, we’ll drive to the city of Launceston in northern Tasmania via the colourful town of Sheffield, also known as the Town of Murals.
Overnight | Launceston
LAUNCESTON > BICHENO
In Launceston you’ll explore the Cataract Gorge located along the South Esk River. Only minutes from the city centre, this fantastic nature reserve is a great place for seeing wallaby. Travel to the East Coast via St Columba Falls and enjoy lunch at the fishing town of St Helens. At the Bay of Fires/larapuna, learn about the spiritual connection of the land to Tasmanian aboriginal people/palawa. Walk along the Bay’s pristine white sands with its turquoise waters with striking orange boulders. We will spend the night in the beachside town of Bicheno, home of the little penguin.
Overnight | Bicheno
FREYCINET NATIONAL PARK > HOBART
Freycinet National Park is a beautiful peninsula on Tasmania’s East Coast. Freycinet’s beaches, coastal forests and pink granite mountains make this an exciting nature-based destination. You can hike to the lookout of the famous Wineglass Bay or continue down to the beach and walk along the shore. Or you can choose a challenging climb to the summit of Mt Amos or take a relaxing coastal walk. We also visit the lighthouse at Cape Tourville for wild ocean views across the Tasman Sea before travelling back to Hobart/nipaluna along the Great Eastern Drive.
Overnight | Hobart
TASMANIAN DEVILS, RICHMOND & WELLINGTON PARK
Visit Tasmania’s best-known conservation and wildlife sanctuary, Bonorong. You’ll meet a variety of Tasmanian wildlife such as quolls, birds, wombats, kangaroos, and Tasmanian devils. Then, we’ll take our time to enjoy the heritage village of Richmond. We’ll travel through the winery region of the Coal River Valley on our way back to Hobart and continue to the city’s immense nature playground, Mount Wellington/kunanyi. Wellington Park is known locally as “The Mountain”, and is loved for its fern glades, eucalyptus forests, dramatic rock columns and boulder fields, with superb 3 walking tracks to spectacular lookouts. We’ll show you some of our favourite places on kunanyi as our guide helps you to appreciate the treasures of Wellington Park. Tonight, unwind in one of the city’s historic pubs or restaurants.
Overnight | Hobart
PORT ARTHUR HISTORIC SITE AND THE TASMAN PENINSULA
Discover the rugged coastal scenery and epic convict history of the Tasman Peninsula/turrakana. As Australia’s best preserved convict settlement, Port Arthur Historic Site is a UNESCO World-Heritage Listed cultural attraction. You’ll learn about Tasmania’s harsh convict history as you explore the expansive grounds and preserved ruins. At Remarkable Cave we’ll take you on one of the best short walks in Tasmania to experience the impressive coastal sand dunes of Crescent Bay. Finally, at Tasman Arch in Tasman National Park you’ll appreciate the impact of the powerful Southern Ocean on the highest sea cliffs in Australia. We’ll return to Hobart in the afternoon as our tour of Tasmania comes to an end.
This tour offers hostel and motel style accommodation options.
- Motel style accommodations are based on private rooms with ensuite facilities
- If booking Twin or Double accommodation options, a minimum of 2 persons is required. We are unable to match up single travellers into a Twin share option
- Hostel Dorm style accommodation is based on same gender dormitory rooms with shared same-gender bathrooms. Own toiletries and towels are required
- Hostel Twin/Double and Single rooms have shared same-gender bathrooms
Tour Only: from $1275.00 (correct as at August 2023 - subject to change)
Pre and post tour accommmodation at YHA Hobart Central YHA is available as an additional cost.
Things You Should Know
What you need to bring:
- Walking Shoes
- Outer wear/ clothing for all climates.
- Rain jacket
- Insect repellent
- The walking in Tasmania is world-class, and we’ve selected beautiful walking experiences for our guests (we include many of the 60-great-short-walks of Tasmania)
- Some walks are guided, while others are unguided (free walking)
- In many locations there is a choice between an easier or more advanced option
- You can make this tour as active or as easy as you like; all walks are optional and range from 20 minutes up to 4 hours
Luggage Limit is 20kg per person. Bring a day pack for essentials.
Cancellations (Fees applied by YHA):
You may be charged the following fees if you cancel your booking before departure:
- 30 days or more: 25% of fare.
- 8 to 29 days: 50% of fare.
- 0 to 7 days: 100% of fare.
- Fees up to $100 may be charged for booking amendments.
Operator Terms and Conditions:
- Acceptance of booking and payments
If we accept your booking, we will issue you with a booking confirmation notice by email. Full payment is required at the time of booking. A contract will exist between you and us from the date we issue the confirmation notice and receipt of your payment.
- Booking changes
If you require a change to your booking, no fees will be charged if changes are made 21 days or more prior to departure. Changes within 21 days of departure are only permitted when operationally possible and fees of up to $95 per amendment may be charged.
- Cancellations by You
We strongly advise you to take out travel insurance which includes cover for cancellation costs.
If you cancel some or all portions of your booking the cancellation terms set out below will apply.
If you cancel a booking:
- 21 days or more prior to departure, we will charge 25% of the total booking amount.
- Within 8 to 20 days prior to departure, we will charge 50% of the booking amount.
- 7 days or fewer prior to departure or no show, we will charge 100% of the booking amount.
- Mt Wellington Descent tour only- we may at our absolute discretion charge the following fees: within 7 Days- 25%, within 48 to 24 hours- 50%, or within 24 hours or no show- 100% of booking amount.
If you cancel a booking due to COVID-19:
- Within 7 days of departure and due to you having COVID-19 or symptoms and supported by a medical certificate, or due to border closures inhibiting your ability to travel, we will refund monies paid by you in connection with the booking less any unrecoverable costs.
No refund will be made if: you are not present at your tour’s department time; you join the tour after departure; you leave the tour prior to its completion for any reason; or, you fail to comply with Tasmanian border entry conditions at the time of arrival in Tasmania.
- Cancellations by Us
If we cancel your tour, you can transfer the fare paid towards a tour on an alternate date or alternatively receive a full refund. Refunds will be provided where required by Australian Consumer Law.
In circumstances where a cancellation is due to external events outside our reasonable control, refunds will be less any unrecoverable costs. We are not responsible for any incidental expenses that you may have incurred as a result of your booking including but not limited to visas, vaccinations, travel insurance excess or non-refundable flights.
- Itinerary and Price Changes
We reserve the right in our absolute discretion at all times to amend itineraries, inclusions and prices and where necessary cancel departures due to operational reasons, minimum number restrictions or weather conditions. Please note that minimum numbers restrictions apply for all tour departures. If an amendment as aforementioned is to take place, we will try to provide you with reasonable notice.
- Travel Insurance
Travel insurance is NOT INCLUDED in the cost of your tour. It is strongly recommended that you have personal travel insurance sufficient to cover loss or damage to property, illness, injury, or not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. We are not responsible for any loss or damage to personal belongings or luggage, for any injury or loss of any type while on tour.
We are not responsible for any damage, expense or inconvenience caused by late arrival of flights or public transport, change of schedule, strikes, vehicle breakdown, acts of God, or other conditions. We reserve the right to alter the itinerary should it be deemed necessary. We act solely as an agent in securing accommodation and, where applicable, public transport or other services, and are not liable for any loss or inconvenience in the event of any failure by any person or company to render transportation, accommodation or other services.
- Health and Safety
You acknowledge that the nature of the tour is adventure travel and participation involves a degree of personal risk. You agree to advise us prior to commencement of any tour of any pre-existing medical conditions you have which may affect your ability to participate in any part of the tour or other information we need to know to include you safely in the tour or activity. We reserve the right to withdraw any person who in our opinion is likely to endanger themselves or others. We also reserve the right to cancel the day’s touring if we become concerned for any reason for your safety or that of any other person. To the extent permitted by law, all our liability for disruption to travel plans or mental injury is excluded.
- Age and Physical Requirements
A traveller must be minimum age of 8 years at the time of the tour to participate. We have no upper age limit though we remind you our tours can be physically demanding and we expect you to have a reasonable level of fitness and act responsibly to ensure your own safety and the safety of others at all times. Our tours have a component of free walking, all of which is done at your own risk. All travellers under the age of 18 years at time of the tour must be accompanied by a legal guardian, or in lieu of a legal guardian, by a responsible escort over the age of 18 years, appointed by their legal guardian. The legal guardian or escort of any traveller under the age of 18 years will be responsible for the day-to-day care of travellers in their charge. A legal guardian may apply for an exemption to the age requirements. This application must be made in writing to us and we reserve the right to make any determination in our absolute discretion.
- Optional Activities
Optional activities, as described in the itinerary, are at your own expense, are not included in the price of the tour and do not form part of these terms and conditions. You accept that any assistance given by your guide or any other member of our staff in arranging optional activities does not render us liable for them in any way. The contract for the provision of that activity will be between you and activity provider.