About YHA Hobart Central
YHA Hobart Central is the most centrally located traveller accommodation in Hobart, only one block from the city's waterfront. The hostel is an easy walk to the MONA museum ferry at Constitution Dock, Salamanca Place and a multitude of bars, restaurants and cafes.
Group stays | Please book group accommodation for school-aged groups with our Groups team.
Follow YHA Hobart Central
YHA Hobart Central is a cashless property (from 4th Dec 2023).
All private rooms include:
Linen & individual bed light | Wi-Fi | heating | lockers | Access to kitchen & reading room
Ensuites, TV, & fridge | Tea & coffee
All co-living rooms include:
- Linen & individual bed light | Wi-Fi, heating, & lockers (except 4 share female rooms) | Access to kitchen & reading room
*Guests must be over 18 years of age to stay in a co-living room
Family rooms include:
Double bed single bunk | Linen and towels | Free Wi-Fi | Heating
Ensuite Bathroom | TV (ensuite rooms only) | Bar fridge (ensuite rooms only) | Tea and Coffee (ensuite rooms only)
- Disabled Access
- Reading room
- Tour Desk
- Free, fast Wi-Fi
YHA Hobart Central features
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the property (High Speed Internet NBN 100Mbps Fibre Connection). Internet speed will be subject to Wi-Fi coverage in the building.
- YHA Hobart Central has clean and comfortable private and co-living rooms, a social/lounge room with TV, communal cooking facilities and fabulous, friendly staff ready to help you with loads of local tips and tour bookings.
Reviews of YHA Hobart Central
- "Perfect stay. Nice clean room and wonderful staff!!! Thank You!!" - Peter
- "Love Hobart YHA. Room is spotless, staff is like family. Pleasant, cosy, safe enviroment" - Ivette
Things to do in Hobart
MONA Hobart is an absolute must see when visiting Tasmania. This Museum of Old and New Art is like nothing else in the world. Be sure to save a full day for the MONA experience.
There are also loads of great bar and dining opportunities, whiskey distilleries, local markets, nearby bushwalks, scenic Botanic Gardens and the beautiful Derwent River.
Hobart is the ideal base to explore Tasmania's incredible natural wonders. Check out our favourite (and epic) Hobart experiences.
Take a tour of YHA Hobart Central
For over 80 years, YHA Australia has been a safe and inclusive place for travellers from all walks of life. Guests are required to abide by YHA's house rules when staying at our properties.
|Traditional Place Name:|
9 Argyle Street
Show location map
|Phone:||(+613) 6231 2660|
|Hostel Manager:||YHA Australia|
|Hostel||Open all year|
8am-10pm | After hours: call number on the front door for night supervisor.
|Check out||until 10am|