Everything you need to know for Vivid
The largest event of its kind in the Southern Hemisphere, Vivid Sydney brings lights, music and ideas to Sydney each year in a spectacular sensory celebration. We’ve got you covered with everything you need to know about this year's festivities, including the some of the highlights and where to stay, so read on!
Vivid 2023 Overview
- Dates Friday 26th May - Saturday 17th June 2023
- Time 6pm - 11pm
- Where The festival takes over the city - with events in Barangaroo, Carriageworks, Central Station and The Goods line, Circular Quay and The Rocks, Darling Harbour Precinct, Royal Botanic Gardens, CBD and surounds, Sydney Opera House, Taronga Zoo and Walsh Bay.
- Traveller's Tip Head out later on a weeknight to experience all the beauty without the weekend crowds!
Vivid 2023 Events
There is an abundance of free events, as well as ticketed events - check out the full Vivid program. Here's a just a few highlights:
Where to stay for Vivid
Make the most of your Vivid Sydney experience and stay amongst all the installations and illuminations at one of our two Sydney properties:
- We brag about it a lot but, especially for Vivid, the view from YHA Sydney Harbour rooftop is the stuff of dreams - you couldn't ask for a prettier, brighter, awe-inspiring sight.
- With the light rail right outside the door, whichever directon you take it will be easy to get to and from your room at YHA Sydney Central.