From Wynyard train station (easist and quickest route)
- Follow the 'Way Out' signs to York Street and go up the escalators to York Street. At street level, turn left onto York Street.
- At the first set of lights (near the Starbucks and Travelodge) cross to the opposite side of York Street and continue heading north. Once you cross Grosvenor Street, Cumberland Street will be directly in front of you (pedestrian access only).
- Continue along Cumberland Street until you reach YHA Sydney Harbour (past Shangri-La Hotel).
From Circular Quay station
Take the lift up to the Cahill Expressway and continue along till you reach the exit ramp that brings you onto Gloucester Street.
From Light Rail | Bridge Street stop
- Walk north on George Street, left on Essex Street and right on Cumberland Street.
- Once you pass the Shangri-La Hotel, it's just a few more steps to YHA Sydney Harbour.