In most cases*, if you cancel a confirmed booking giving:
- More than 7 days prior to arrival:
- Your hostel booking will be fully refunded. In order to receive a full refund, notice must be received by the hostel by midnight local time seven days prior to arrival.
- Between 7 days and up to 24 hours prior to arrival:
- Your hostel booking will be refunded, minus a 5% cancellation fee. In order to receive a refund, notice must be received by the hostel by 6pm local time the day prior to arrival.
- To cancel a booking, simply enter your Booking Reference Number on www.yha.com.au(under My Bookings).This will show the details of your booking with the option to cancel at the bottom.
Saver (Non Refundable Rate) Bookings
Less than 24 hours notice:
- Your hostel booking will not be refunded if you cancel or change the booking
- If you do not check in on the first day of your booking your booking will not be refunded
We regret that the $1 contribution to the Sustainable Hostel Fund cannot be refunded.
- A cancellation fee equivalent to one nights' stay per person is applicable. If you cancel within 24 hours you need to contact the hostel directly by phone or email. Please allow at least seven days for processing a refund.
- No shows - If you do not cancel and do not check in on the first day of your booking:
- A cancellation fee equivalent to one nights' stay per person is applicable.
- If your booking is for more than one night, the hostel reserves the right to cancel the remainder of your booking and resell the bed/room.
* If you booked using an epack, special deal, package or booked a stay during a peak period or with a minimum nights' stay, please check the specific terms and conditions of the individual product. Some of these may be non-refundable or have other individual conditions.
Special conditions apply for all bookings at Ayers Rock and Kings Canyon YHAs (72 hours cancellation notice required). Conditions also apply at Thredbo YHA during ski season (between 10% and 100% cancellation fees apply) and Sydney hostels over New Years Eve. Please refer to the information sheet provided on the hostel details page.
To cancel an epack booking you must contact the hostel directly and if your booking is within 24 hours you will be charged one epack night.
Please allow at least seven days for processing a refund.Full Booking Terms and Conditions are available at https://www.yha.com.au/hostels/booking-terms-and-conditions/
Last updated 19th June 2019