From Albany's YHA hostel you can discover WA's first settlement. Explore our stunning coastline including the Gap, Natural Bridge, Blowholes and perfect white sandy beaches.
Whale Watching Tours (June-Nov), tickets sold at reception. Snorkel, swim, fish, surf and dive the HMAS Perth ship wreck. The start of the Bibbulmun Track is only 5 mins away. Enjoy the many trails and natural wonders of Torndirrup National Park and experience the Porongorup & Stirling Ranges.
Albany offers numerous nightlife options. Enjoy an Ale at the historic Inn 'The Earl Spencer' or a boutique brew at 'Tangles'. The nightclub is open all hours. Restaurants vary from fine dining to steak houses and Italian wood fired pizzas.
FREE - BBQ
Grab your new hostel friends, fire up the barbie and throw on a few sausages. Dinner is sorted.
Jump on a bike and get exploring! Enquire at reception for hire prices.
- Hike, fish or bird watch at beautiful Kalgan River.
- Visit a beach or two. Albany and the surrounding areas have many stunning white sandy beaches and gorgeous blue waters for you to swim, surf, windsurf or just relax on.
- Hike the Bibbulmun Track. While it stretches over 1000km to Kalamunda in the Perth Hills, the start of the track is only a 5 minute walk from the hostel.
- Be in awe of the Stirling Ranges and Porongorups. There are gorgeous lookout points at the end of hiking trails, vibrant flora and an abundance of animals to spot.
- Explore the ANZAC Discovery Museum to get an insight in our history.