This package gives you 6 days to experience the very best Tasmania has to offer. Explore the rainforest, admire waterfalls, breathe the freshest air in the world and come face to face with the ferocious tassie devil! You will start and end your 6 day adventure in Hobart with pre and post accommodation at Hobart Central YHA
Overnight: Hobart Central YHA
Day 1 -
Travel through the stunning Derwent Valley as you make your way to Mt Field National Park. Walk amongst the giant mountain ash trees and admire the beauty of Russell Falls. Continue on to Lake St.Clair, Australia’s deepest freshwater lake and then explore the pristine Franklin-Gordan Wild River National Park. Overnight: Strahan
Day 2 -
Venture into the untouched wilderness of the west coast. Visit the Henty Sand Dunes where you can breathe the freshest air in the world. Hike through the Tarkine Rainforest to find Tasmania’s highest waterfall – Montezuma Falls. Overnight: Strahan
Day 3 -
Journey 950m above sea level to Cradle Mountain National Park. Choose your own walk, including the easy stroll around the lovely Dove Lake or challenge yourself to Marion’s Lookout. Continue on to Launceston, Australia’s 3rd oldest city. Overnight Launceston
Day 4 -
Start with a morning walk at Cataract Gorge making your way to the east coast to beautiful Bay of Fires. Enjoy quality time to stretch your legs and explore the area. If the conditions allow, this is also a good opportunity for a swim. Overnight: Bicheno
Day 5 -
Beat the crowds with an early morning walk to the Wineglass Bay lookout. Relax on the beach or challenge yourself to the Mt Amos or Hazards beach walk. On the return journey to Hobart visit the Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary to see Tasmanian Devils and other native wildlife. Overnight: Hobart
Day 6 -
Visit the village of Richmond before travelling along the scenic Tasman Peninsula. Explore Tasmania's ruthless convict past at Port Arthur. A guided walk and harbour cruise is included.
Overnight: Hobart Central YHA
- 7 nights accommodation including pre and post tour stay at Hobart Central YHA
- Breakfast on days 2 - 6
- Port Arthur Historic Site entry, guided walk & harbour cruise
- Wildlife Sanctuary entry with Tasmanian devils experience
- All National Park entry fees
- Hostel pickups & drop offs
|December, January, February||Daily||7am||5:30pm|
|March & April||Tue/Thu/Sat/Sun||7am||5:30pm|
|October & November||Tue/Thu/Sat/Sun||7am||5:30pm|
|May to September||Wed/Thu/Sat/Sun||7am||5:30pm|
From 01 April 2017 until 31 March 2018
Some price options may not be available and Tours & Activities must be booked at least five days prior to the end of their current season and not more than six months in advance.
Things you should know
Important Product Information
You may be charged the following fees if you cancel your booking before departure:
- 30 days or more: 25% of fare.
- 8 to 29 days: 50% of fare.
- 0 to 7 days: 100% of fare.
- Fees up to $100 may be charged for booking amendments.
General Terms and Conditions
- Your credit card will be debited upon completion of the online booking process. Your booking is guaranteed once you receive a confirmation email from a YHA Travel & Tours consultant.
- In the unlikely event we cannot confirm your booking, we will refund the total amount to the credit card with which payment has been made within 7 days. YHA Travel & Tours and its suppliers are not liable in the event a tour or package is not available, and any refunds are restricted to the purchase price of the tour or package booked.
- All prices quoted are in Australian Dollars.
- If you selected a YHA Member rate, then avalid YHA/Hostelling International membership card has to be presented for each person booked when checking in. If you are unable to join prior to arrival, you must purchase a membership upon arrival at the hostel, or pay the price difference between the member and standard rates,
- YHA Travel & Tours will aim to respond to your booking within 48 hours by email. However, in some instances (for example during long weekends or public holidays) the response time may vary.
- Please note that only some hostels are suitable for wheelchair access. If in doubt please contact the individual hostel.
- The responsibility of YHA Travel & Tours in connection with 'Travel Deals' is limited to the sale of accommodation only. The sale of other services as described in the Travel Deals products is made by YHA Travel & Tours as agent only for the persons providing such other services and upon the condition that YHA Travel & Tours shall not be liable for any accidents, loss, injury, delay or damage caused by or arising out of the provision of or failure to provide any other such service.
- YHA Travel & Tours believes that the content of this website is correct at the time of publishing, but all prices and services described herein are subject to change or withdrawal without notice.
- YHA Travel & Tours will be under no obligation to any person as a result of any inaccuracy or misdescription to provide any services set out herein.
Cancellations and Amendments
If you need to cancel or amend your booking after we have confirmed, please notify us immediately by email or fax. On the booking confirmation print-out, you can find the email contact details. If you cancel or amend your booking after we have confirmed or fail to arrive on the nominated day, we will charge you the fees outlined in the specific product conditions.
We strongly advise you purchase adequate travel insurance to safeguard against any losses.
All prices and information stated on this booking request are subject to change. Please note that every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of all information on this website. However, YHA Travel & Tours does not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions.
Personal information is collected by YHA to provide products or services to you. If you wish to read our Privacy Statement please click here.