The Famous 5 day tour gives you 5 action packed days of bushwalks, pristine beaches, unique Australian wildlife and the best of the Tasmanian wilderness.You will start and end your 5 day Tassie experience in Hobart with pre and post accommodation at Hobart Central YHA
Overnight: Hobart Central YHA
Day 1 -
Escaping Hobart through the Derwent Valley, walk in the land of the giants at Mt Field National Park to Russell Falls.Then it's onto Lake St Clair, the deepest freshwater lake in Australia and time to explore the pristine Franklin-Gordan Wild River National Park. End the day in Strahan. Overnight: Strahan
Day 2 -
Today you will venture into the untouched wilderness of Tasmania's west. Explore the shifting sands of Henty Dunes before continuing into the Tarkine Rainforest. Enjoy a walk to Tasmania's highest waterfall - Montezuma Falls. Overnight: Strahan
Day 3 -
Journey 950m above sea level into the Cradle Valley; gateway to Cradle Mountain National Park. Take it easy with a stroll around the picturesque Dove Lake or challenge yourself with a hike to Marion's Lookout. Overnight: Launceston
Day 4 -
Enjoy a morning walk at Cataract Gorge then head to the East Coast where you have quality time to hike and swim at the beautiful Bay of Fires if the conditions allow. Take a scenic drive from St.Helens to Bicheno where you can join a guided viewing of Little Penguins as they return after a day at sea (seasonal). Overnight: Bicheno
Day 5 -
An early start to the day means beating the crowds to the Wineglass Bay Lookout where you can get that postcard perfect photo! Relax on the sparkling white sand or challenge yourself to Mt Amos or Hazards Beach walk. Stop at Bonorong Wildlife Park to meet the adorable endangered animal, found nowhere else in the world, the Tassie Devil!.
Overnight: Hobart Central YHA
- 6 nights accommodation including pre and post tour stay at Hobart Central YHA
- Hostel pickup and drop off
- All National Park entry fees
- Breakfast on days 2 - 5
- Wildlife Sanctuary entry with Tasmanian devils experience
|Month||Frequency|| Departs Hobart|
|December, January & February||Tues/Thu/Sat/Sun||7am||5:30pm|
|March & April||Tues/Thu/Sun||7am||5:30pm|
|October & November||Tue/Thu/Sun||7am||5:30pm|
|May to September||Thu/Sun||7am||5:30pm|
From 01 April 2017 until 31 March 2018
Some price options may not be available and Tours & Activities must be booked at least five days prior to the end of their current season and not more than six months in advance.
Things you should know
Important Product Information
You may be charged the following fees if you cancel your booking before departure:
- 30 days or more: 25% of fare.
- 8 to 29 days: 50% of fare.
- 0 to 7 days: 100% of fare.
- Fees up to $100 may be charged for booking amendments.
General Terms and Conditions
- Your credit card will be debited upon completion of the online booking process. Your booking is guaranteed once you receive a confirmation email from a YHA Travel & Tours consultant.
- In the unlikely event we cannot confirm your booking, we will refund the total amount to the credit card with which payment has been made within 7 days. YHA Travel & Tours and its suppliers are not liable in the event a tour or package is not available, and any refunds are restricted to the purchase price of the tour or package booked.
- All prices quoted are in Australian Dollars.
- If you selected a YHA Member rate, then avalid YHA/Hostelling International membership card has to be presented for each person booked when checking in. If you are unable to join prior to arrival, you must purchase a membership upon arrival at the hostel, or pay the price difference between the member and standard rates,
- YHA Travel & Tours will aim to respond to your booking within 48 hours by email. However, in some instances (for example during long weekends or public holidays) the response time may vary.
- Please note that only some hostels are suitable for wheelchair access. If in doubt please contact the individual hostel.
- The responsibility of YHA Travel & Tours in connection with 'Travel Deals' is limited to the sale of accommodation only. The sale of other services as described in the Travel Deals products is made by YHA Travel & Tours as agent only for the persons providing such other services and upon the condition that YHA Travel & Tours shall not be liable for any accidents, loss, injury, delay or damage caused by or arising out of the provision of or failure to provide any other such service.
- YHA Travel & Tours believes that the content of this website is correct at the time of publishing, but all prices and services described herein are subject to change or withdrawal without notice.
- YHA Travel & Tours will be under no obligation to any person as a result of any inaccuracy or misdescription to provide any services set out herein.
Cancellations and Amendments
If you need to cancel or amend your booking after we have confirmed, please notify us immediately by email or fax. On the booking confirmation print-out, you can find the email contact details. If you cancel or amend your booking after we have confirmed or fail to arrive on the nominated day, we will charge you the fees outlined in the specific product conditions.
We strongly advise you purchase adequate travel insurance to safeguard against any losses.
All prices and information stated on this booking request are subject to change. Please note that every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of all information on this website. However, YHA Travel & Tours does not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions.
Personal information is collected by YHA to provide products or services to you. If you wish to read our Privacy Statement please click here.