Three one day tours to the Great Ocean Road, Grampians and Phillip Island, plus three nights at Melbourne Metro YHA. This is the ultimate Victorian Escape!Great Ocean Road and Phillip Island Operates:
3 Nights Multishare at Melbourne Metro YHA
Day 1 – Great Ocean Road
- Morning tea and cookies
- National park entry fees
Enjoy one of the world’s most spectacular coastal drives! Leaving Melbourne, we pass Torquay before enjoying morning tea at Southern Australia’s famous Bells beach. Twist and wind along the spectacular Great Ocean Road enjoying awesome coastal photo opportunities. Along the way stop to see cuddly koalas in the wild.
Travel to Apollo Bay for lunch (included), and take a dip in the vast Southern Ocean. After lunch stretch your legs out on a walk through an ancient rainforest, and admire some of the world’s tallest trees in the Otway National park. Travel through rolling hills toward Port Campbell National Park and the breathtaking 12 Apostles. Learn about the tragic tales of the Shipwreck Coast and view remarkable rock formations at Loch Ard Gorge. In the afternoon, check out the fallen London Bridge and quaint fishing village of Port Campbell.
Reflect on an action packed day full of nature walks, wildlife, surf beaches, incredible rock formations and spectacular coastal views whilst heading back to Melbourne. The tour will stop off in the township of Colac for dinner (own expense).
Day 2 – Phillip Island
- National Park entry fees
- Entrance to Penguin Parade
- Entrance to Maru Animal Park
- Includes 1 meal (either lunch or dinner)
Head out of Melbourne for a day trip to famous Phillip Island. We begin our day at Maru Koala and Animal Park where you can see Australian wildlife including wombats, koalas, dingoes and kangaroos up close!
Travel over San Remo Bridge onto Phillip Island, known for its beautiful beaches, rugged cliffs and unique wildlife experiences.
Check out the thumping surf at Woolamai Beach and take time to enjoy a walk along the coast. Head to the new Marine Centre at The Nobbies, and take the boardwalk route for panoramic views of the rocky coast and Australian fur seals.
In the evening, we head to the Penguin Parade. View the award winning Visitor Information Centre then as the sun fades, witness the world’s littlest penguins emerge from the sea to waddle ashore. It’s a truly magical and unforgettable experience!
Day 3 – Grampians
- Morning tea and cookies
- National park entry fees
Depart from the big smoke for a day trip to visit one of Victoria’s most beautiful regions, the vast Grampians National Park. The Grampians is one of the world’s oldest and most spectacular mountain ranges – rich in Aboriginal history and an abundance of native wildlife. After enjoying morning tea, you will travel into the heart of the Grampians National Park to stretch the legs with a walk to Boroka Lookout, where breathtaking mountain views await.
Visit Brambuk Aboriginal Cultural centre, and then enjoy lunch at Halls Gap (own expense). Hike to the remarkable Jaws of Death/Balconies and Reeds Lookout, experiencing majestic views and scenery –don’t forget your camera! In the afternoon, cool off at the base of Mackenzie Falls. On our return to Melbourne, we will stop along the way for dinner (own expense).
- 3 nights multi-share accommodation at Melbourne Metro YHA
- 1 Day Phillip Island Tour- experience our famous Penguin Parade and Australian Wildlife!
- 1 Day Great Ocean Road Tour- visit one of the most beautiful coastlines in the world!
- 1 Day Grampians Tour- witness breathtaking scenery in a truly special national park- The Grampians
Grampians Operates: Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays.
Departs Melbourne Metro YHA: Approximately Great Ocean Road and Grampians Tours - 6:50am and Phillip Island Tour - 9:45am (winter) and 11:40am (summer).
Returns Melbourne: Approximately Great Ocean Road and Grampians Tours - 9:00pm and Phillip Island Tour - 10pm-12am.
From 01 April 2015 until 31 March 2016
Some price options may not be available ad Tours & Activities must be booked at least five days prior to the end of their current season and not more than six months in advance.
Things you should know
Important Product Information
Cancellation and Amendment Fees
Due to the discount offered and the structure of this package - it is non-refundable once confirmed.
Each amendment (not cancellation) to the original booking, after confirmation will incur a fee of A$25 per person and per amendment.
Amendments are subject to availability.
General Terms and Conditions
- Your credit card will be debited upon completion of the online booking process. Your booking is guaranteed once you receive a confirmation email from a YHA Travel & Tours consultant.
- In the unlikely event we cannot confirm your booking, we will refund the total amount to the credit card with which payment has been made within 7 days. YHA Travel & Tours and its suppliers are not liable in the event a tour or package is not available, and any refunds are restricted to the purchase price of the tour or package booked.
- All prices quoted are in Australian Dollars.
- If you selected a YHA Member rate, then avalid YHA/Hostelling International membership card has to be presented for each person booked when checking in. If you are unable to join prior to arrival, you must purchase a membership upon arrival at the hostel, or pay the price difference between the member and standard rates,
- YHA Travel & Tours will aim to respond to your booking within 48 hours by email. However, in some instances (for example during long weekends or public holidays) the response time may vary.
- Please note that only some hostels are suitable for wheelchair access. If in doubt please contact the individual hostel.
- The responsibility of YHA Travel & Tours in connection with 'Travel Deals' is limited to the sale of accommodation only. The sale of other services as described in the Travel Deals products is made by YHA Travel & Tours as agent only for the persons providing such other services and upon the condition that YHA Travel & Tours shall not be liable for any accidents, loss, injury, delay or damage caused by or arising out of the provision of or failure to provide any other such service.
- YHA Travel & Tours believes that the content of this website is correct at the time of publishing, but all prices and services described herein are subject to change or withdrawal without notice.
- YHA Travel & Tours will be under no obligation to any person as a result of any inaccuracy or misdescription to provide any services set out herein.
Cancellations and Amendments
If you need to cancel or amend your booking after we have confirmed, please notify us immediately by email or fax. On the booking confirmation print-out, you can find the email contact details. If you cancel or amend your booking after we have confirmed or fail to arrive on the nominated day, we will charge you the fees outlined in the specific product conditions.
We strongly advise you purchase adequate travel insurance to safeguard against any losses.
All prices and information stated on this booking request are subject to change. Please note that every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of all information on this website. However, YHA Travel & Tours does not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions.
Personal information is collected by YHA to provide products or services to you. If you wish to read our Privacy Statement please click here.