YHA Newcastle Beach
Newcastle is home to some of Australia’s best surf beaches, pubs and student nightlife- all within walking distance from the property.
Enjoy coastal walks, historic sights, Hunter Valley winery tours, daily dolphin cruises, whale watching tours (May-Nov), skydiving and more!
Experience the thrills of sandboarding on the Stockton sand dunes or learn to surf, watch the Newcastle Knights rugby team or the Newcastle Jets football team play at the Newcastle stadium, find loads of pubs, nightclubs, cafes and restaurants all within walking distances from the property.
Scroll down to see all the free things to do in Newcastle!
FREE surfboards, bikes & scooters
Things to do in Newcastle
- Borrow a bike or scooter from reception to easily get around the city.
- Have a dip at the Bogey Hole - this iconic and heritage listed sea bath located on the coast.
- Explore the Newcastle Museum, full of Australian history and Memorabilia.
- Hit the Waves at the beach with the hostel's free surfboard and bodyboard hire.
- Get immersed with nature with free entry to Blackbutt Reserve wildlife park.
- Enjoy spectacular views of Bar Beach and Merewether on a half-hour coastal walk, beautifully lit up at night.
- Walk down the Newcastle Memorial Walk, this 1-2 hour walk not only offers amazing coastal views but also commemorates the ANZACS.