East Cost Highlights package includes the most popular tours along Australia's East Coast. This saves you over $70 and also gives you peace of mind that you're on the best quality East Coast tours.
- 3 Day Fraser Island tour
- 2 Day Whitsunday Sailing tour
- 2 nights at Magnetic Island YHA, including ferry transfers and entry to Koala Sanctuary.
The East Coast Highlights package offers the flexibility to add Greyhound’s Hop on/Hop off coach pass from Sydney to Cairns or vice versa (valid 3 months from date of travel). You can also choose to add a 10 or 15 night YHA accommodation pack. (valid 3 and 4 months from date of purchase)
To help plan your trip, we have included a suggested Southbound Itinerary (Cairns to Sydney) and Northbound Itinerary (Sydney to Cairns) for you to download. This is simply a suggestion, the package is designed to be flexible so you can hop on and off wherever you like along the route.
It is recommended you pre-book dates, especially for the Fraser Island and Whitsunday tours, as they can be booked out during the peak season.
Please put your preferred date for each of the 3 trips in the comments when making a booking as well as your YHA/HI membership number.
- 3 day/2 night Fraser Island guided tour including accommodation and meals on tour
- 2 day/1 night Whitsunday Sailing tour including accommodation and meals on-board
- 2 nights Magnetic Island YHA including return ferry transfers, entry to Koala Sanctuary - Cuddle a Koala with souvenir photo, full day snorkel hire, 30 minutes wifi, rock wallaby food to feed the locals plus a beer or cider at the Deck Bar.
- Optional 10 or 15 night YHA multi share accommodation pack
East Coast Highlight - Southbound Itinerary
From 01 April 2017 until 31 August 2017
Some price options may not be available and Tours & Activities must be booked at least five days prior to the end of their current season and not more than six months in advance.
Things you should know
Important Product Information
Package non-refundable due to the discounted nature of this package.
Must hold a YHA membership card.
YHA 10 or 15 night accommodation pack can be used at most YHA hostels across Australia. Simply redeem in person at reception, over the phone or online.
Conditions for 10 and 15 night accommodation ePacks are:
• Valid for largest multi-share dorm accommodation only.
• Limited to a maximum of 3 consecutive nights per stay at any one hostel.
• Valid for 2 months from date of issue.
• Non-refundable and non-transferable.
• Not to be used in conjunction with any other promotions per stay at any hostel.
• Not valid at Thredbo YHA in ski season, Wilderness hostels (Hawkesbury Heights, Coles Bay-Freycinet & Mt Lofty), Ayers Rock YHA, Kings Canyon YHA or YHA Explore properties.
• Only available to YHA/HI members.
General Terms and Conditions
- Your credit card will be debited upon completion of the online booking process. Your booking is guaranteed once you receive a confirmation email from a YHA Travel & Tours consultant.
- In the unlikely event we cannot confirm your booking, we will refund the total amount to the credit card with which payment has been made within 7 days. YHA Travel & Tours and its suppliers are not liable in the event a tour or package is not available, and any refunds are restricted to the purchase price of the tour or package booked.
- All prices quoted are in Australian Dollars.
- If you selected a YHA Member rate, then avalid YHA/Hostelling International membership card has to be presented for each person booked when checking in. If you are unable to join prior to arrival, you must purchase a membership upon arrival at the hostel, or pay the price difference between the member and standard rates,
- YHA Travel & Tours will aim to respond to your booking within 48 hours by email. However, in some instances (for example during long weekends or public holidays) the response time may vary.
- Please note that only some hostels are suitable for wheelchair access. If in doubt please contact the individual hostel.
- The responsibility of YHA Travel & Tours in connection with 'Travel Deals' is limited to the sale of accommodation only. The sale of other services as described in the Travel Deals products is made by YHA Travel & Tours as agent only for the persons providing such other services and upon the condition that YHA Travel & Tours shall not be liable for any accidents, loss, injury, delay or damage caused by or arising out of the provision of or failure to provide any other such service.
- YHA Travel & Tours believes that the content of this website is correct at the time of publishing, but all prices and services described herein are subject to change or withdrawal without notice.
- YHA Travel & Tours will be under no obligation to any person as a result of any inaccuracy or misdescription to provide any services set out herein.
Cancellations and Amendments
If you need to cancel or amend your booking after we have confirmed, please notify us immediately by email or fax. On the booking confirmation print-out, you can find the email contact details. If you cancel or amend your booking after we have confirmed or fail to arrive on the nominated day, we will charge you the fees outlined in the specific product conditions.
We strongly advise you purchase adequate travel insurance to safeguard against any losses.
All prices and information stated on this booking request are subject to change. Please note that every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of all information on this website. However, YHA Travel & Tours does not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions.
Personal information is collected by YHA to provide products or services to you. If you wish to read our Privacy Statement please click here.