Learn to scuba dive on the Great Barrier Reef with this 5 Day PADI Open Water diving course in Cairns.
Your 5 day course consists of 2 days of theory and pool training, followed by 3 days and 2 nights on the Outer Great Barrier Reef. Stay on board your premium liveaboard dive boat with all meals and equipment provided.
What better place to learn to scuba dive than on the spectacular Great Barrier Reef? Enjoy 9 ocean dives at varying locations on the reef where you'll discover the amazing underwater world and marine life. What to bring:
Day 1 & 2 - Swimming clothes, towel, sunscreen, money for lunch and dive medical (if required).
Days 3, 4 & 5 - Overnight bag and toiletries, swimming clothes, towel, sunscreen and hat. Please note: Some divers may require a medical certificate (AS 4005.1) if certain medical conditions exist (eg, asthma, pregnant, recent heart surgery, epilepsy etc.). For more information please download the Student Dive Medical Declaration Form (PDF).
- 5 day/ 2 night scuba diving course
- PADI Open Water Dive Certification
- PADI Open Water manual (available in a variety of languages)
- All diving and snorkelling equipment (prescription masks if required)
- 2 nights accommodation on board the dive boat including all meals and linen
- Free luggage storage
- Dive insurance
- Dive log book
- 2 passport photos (required for certification)
- Transfers from Cairns city accommodation
Daily at 8:30am except Sunday
German courses commence Tuesdays & Fridays at 8:30am
Japanese courses commence Thursdays at 8:30am
From 01 April 2016 until 31 March 2017
Some price options may not be available and Tours & Activities must be booked at least five days prior to the end of their current season and not more than six months in advance.
Things you should know
Important Product Information
This package does not include costs associated with gaining a dive medical certificate.
YHA Travel Package cancellations fees:
A minimum cancellation fee of $25 per booking will apply. Cancellation fees will vary at the discretion of the tour operator involved and may be up to 100%.
Cancellation within 48 hours prior to commencement of package or no shows will incur 100% cancellation fee, meaning no refund.
Refunds are not available on unused portions of tour packages
Bookings can only be amended more than 14 days prior to commencement.
Amendments within 48 hours of commencement will be treated as a cancellation, and you will need to make a new booking.
Each amendment (not cancellation) after confirmation will incur a fee of A$25 per person per amendment, in addition to any fees imposed by the tour operator.
General Terms and Conditions
- Your credit card will be debited upon completion of the online booking process. Your booking is guaranteed once you receive a confirmation email from a YHA Travel & Tours consultant.
- In the unlikely event we cannot confirm your booking, we will refund the total amount to the credit card with which payment has been made within 7 days. YHA Travel & Tours and its suppliers are not liable in the event a tour or package is not available, and any refunds are restricted to the purchase price of the tour or package booked.
- All prices quoted are in Australian Dollars.
- If you selected a YHA Member rate, then avalid YHA/Hostelling International membership card has to be presented for each person booked when checking in. If you are unable to join prior to arrival, you must purchase a membership upon arrival at the hostel, or pay the price difference between the member and standard rates,
- YHA Travel & Tours will aim to respond to your booking within 48 hours by email. However, in some instances (for example during long weekends or public holidays) the response time may vary.
- Please note that only some hostels are suitable for wheelchair access. If in doubt please contact the individual hostel.
- The responsibility of YHA Travel & Tours in connection with 'Travel Deals' is limited to the sale of accommodation only. The sale of other services as described in the Travel Deals products is made by YHA Travel & Tours as agent only for the persons providing such other services and upon the condition that YHA Travel & Tours shall not be liable for any accidents, loss, injury, delay or damage caused by or arising out of the provision of or failure to provide any other such service.
- YHA Travel & Tours believes that the content of this website is correct at the time of publishing, but all prices and services described herein are subject to change or withdrawal without notice.
- YHA Travel & Tours will be under no obligation to any person as a result of any inaccuracy or misdescription to provide any services set out herein.
Cancellations and Amendments
If you need to cancel or amend your booking after we have confirmed, please notify us immediately by email or fax. On the booking confirmation print-out, you can find the email contact details. If you cancel or amend your booking after we have confirmed or fail to arrive on the nominated day, we will charge you the fees outlined in the specific product conditions.
We strongly advise you purchase adequate travel insurance to safeguard against any losses.
All prices and information stated on this booking request are subject to change. Please note that every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of all information on this website. However, YHA Travel & Tours does not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions.
Personal information is collected by YHA to provide products or services to you. If you wish to read our Privacy Statement please click here.