YHA Blue Mountains (Katoomba)
Escape to the Blue Mountains and explore this World Heritage area that is famous for its dramatic scenery, bushwalking, adventure activities and villages:
- abseiling, canyoning, mountain biking
- Jenolan Caves tour
- local shops and cafes
- live music is offered in local venues (Wed-Sun)
Suggested local walks (enquire with staff):
- Three Sisters Walk | 30mins | 0.8km return
- Mini Ha Ha Falls | 30-40mins | 2.6km return
- Leura Cascades Fern Bower Circuit | 3hrs | 4.5km loop
- Cliff Top Walking Track | 3-4hrs | 6km return
- Grand Canyon Track | 4hrs | 6.3km loop
- Ruined Castle Walking Track | Long | 4-5hrs | 6.6km return
Things to do in the Blue Mountains
- Adventure on the beautiful hour-long Three Sisters Walk, prepare for some serious 'Gram potential!
- Go one better and tackle the two-hour Laura Cascados walk.
- Dazzle your senses with the sunset at Cahill's Lookout
- Explore the Blue Mountains Botanical Gardens, open every day from 9am-5pm.
- Trek it to The Ruined Castle - A beautiful rock formation that offers great views over the valley as far as Wentworth Falls and Katoomba.
- Walk through the blue mountains Grand Canyon a hidden gem amongst tourist staying in Katoomba (6km circuit)