YHA Blue Mountains (Katoomba)
Important information & operating hours
- Our team is available 8am-7:30pm.
- Check in is anytime after 4:30pm (please email firstname.lastname@example.org with photo ID for late arrivals).
- Check out is until 10am. Please bring down all white linen and towels to reception, leaving your pillow and doona in the room.
- Want to stay longer? Extend at reception to stay in the same room for the best rates!
- Key card access is required for property entry at night as well as gate to carpark, main entrance, bathrooms, meeting rooms and laundry.
- Look after your key- replacement fees apply for lost or damaged keys. All keys must be returned at check- out. If you forget, no worries- keys can be mailed to us or returned to your nearest YHA.
- No sleeping bags or outside linen is allowed to be brought into the property.
- Co-living spaces include a lounge area, an open patio and courtyard.
- Kitchen & dining on main level.
- Y-Hive co-working space & meeting room. Located on the ground level, just down the stairs. See reception for access. Charges apply.
- Guest laundry: Ground level, $3 to wash, plus $3 to dry. Soap is available for $2. Closes at 9:30pm.
- Both car parking and bike storage is available at property or on-street.
- WiFi: Free, fast and available throughout the property- simply search and connect to YHA free guest wifi, agree to the t's & c's, fill in a super short survey and you're connected!
- We are committed to providing a safe stay for our guests; all areas of YHA Blue Mountains - Katoomba are for guest use only.
Where to eat & drink
- In-house vending machines
- Our guest kitchen is located on the main level. Please ensure that you label your food and store neatly in lockers and fridges provided. This is a shared facility, please leave it clean for the next user by washing, drying, putting away your dishes and wiping down the area you used.
- Supermarkets: Woolworths, Coles & Aldi all within minutes of property.
- Take a walk along the street to discover plenty of local cafes - ask the team for their favourite spots!
Getting around - nearby services & attractions
For information of local transport, including timetables and journey planner visit TransportNSW or chat to one of our helpful team members.
- Bus stops throughout Katoomba
- Train station is approx. 10min from property.
- There is local bus and taxi services available.
- Jump aboard the Explorer Sightseeing Bus to visit the top spots in the Blue Mountains.
Things to do
- Visit Echo Point/Three Sisters, Leura, Blackheath and Wentworth Falls.
- Read our Adventure in the Blue Mountains guide.
- Discover and explore the Blue Mountains your way - click here for a range of YHA recommended experiences and activities.
- Chat to the team at reception or see our activities board for activities happening at the property during your stay.
Your safe stay
- We are committed to providing a safe place for our team and our guests and take our house rules seriously. If you encounter any fellow guests who aren't behaving in line with our code of conduct, or you feel uncomfortable or unsafe please report this to our team immediately. We are here to help you.
- Covid safety continues to remain a top priority for us, here are the measures in place.
- Emergency evacuation details are located on the back of your room door.
- If this is your first stay with YHA Australia, you will receive membership as part of your stay, free of charge!
- If you've stayed with us before, your membership has been renewed at no additonal cost, for 2 years from your check-in date.
- YHA Membership entitles you to some great deals on tours, transport, activities, and even retail discounts.
- As part of YHA Australia's connection to Hostelling International (HI) this card is valid all around the world, giving you the best available rate at more than 3,000 properties. Find out more.
We are passionate about operating sustainably. When you book with us, you are choosing one of the most environmentally sustainable types of accommodation. Staying with YHA helps minimise your carbon footprint while travelling. We are proud to offer:
- Recycling stations in kitchens, common areas and office areas
- Dedicated space to give second hand goods, clothing, food and more, new life when our guests are heading off on their next adventure.
- We don't have plastic bottles or plastic bags on site but do have reusable bottles and shopping bags for sale.
Book your next stay
Looking for work?
Check out Y-Jobs, our exclusive jobs board which has great work opportunities for working holiday makers across Australia.