YHA Melbourne Central
Things to do in Melbourne
- Tour the arty alleyways, starting at Hosier Lane (opposite Federation Square) and follow the laneways heading north from there.
- Gallery hop between The National Gallery of Victoria, The Ian Potter Centre, ACMI and The Australian Centre for Contemporary Art - all for free!
- Visit Federation Square - there's always a festival happening, a weekend market to peruse, a variety of activities going on or something on their big screen to keep you entertained for hours.
- Melbourne is well known for it's abundance of gardens, so grab your mates, pack a picnic and relax in the sunshine while you eat until your heart's content.
- Head to the Queen Victoria Market to browse the local produce, handmade crafts and second-hand treasures.
- The Rose Street Artists markets in Fitzroy ooze with Melbourne creativity, and it's free to have a look.
- Cycle the city for nothing. Blue bike kiosks are spotted all around the city for visitors and tourists to explore. There's a holding deposit to ride, but the first 30 minutes are free. Get a bike and start pedalling!
- For an easy, breezy and beautiful beach, head to St. Kilda. The sea front promenade and St Kilda pier have lovely views of the seascape and adrenaline-seeking kite surfers.
- Head to the Koorie Heritage Trust’s Cultural Centre in Federation Square. A permanent social history exhibition is complemented by changing exhibitions by new and established Aboriginal artists.