Check into Alice Springs YHA and get a good night’s rest before a busy day tomorrow.Day One - Alice Springs to Kata Tjuta and Uluru
Welcome to the outback! The journey today takes us to Ayers Rock Resort which will give you your first glimpse of Uluru. On to Kata Tjuta (The Olgas) where you will take a guided walk of the Valley of the Winds. Then prepare for the spectacular sight of the desert sunset over Uluru. Tonight sleep in a permanent tent or try out an Aussie swag.Day Two - Uluru to Kings Canyon
It's an early start to catch the sunrise over Uluru but it is worth the effort. Enjoy a base walk around Uluru with an Aboriginal guide and deepen your understanding of the Mala people. It is then on to the campsite in the Watarrka National Park (Kings Canyon).Day Three - Kings Canyon
There is a lot to explore at Kings Canyon this morning as we take a spectacular Hike. You will see all that this beautiful place has to offer including the Amphitheatre, Lost City, the lush Garden of Eden and the Spectacular North and South Walls. After Lunch we head back to Alice Springs via the Gilles track and settle in for the night. There is an opportunity to enjoy dinner in town with your group (own expense).Day Four - Western MacDonnell National Park
Today it is off to the Western MacDonnell Ranges which is the Red Centre’s best kept secret. We start the morning with a walk through the beautiful rainbow coloured walls of Ormiston Gorge. Keep your eyes out for the local wildlife as they come out to play. We then head on to Ellery Creek and for the brave take a dip in the beautiful but cold waters of this magnificent hidden gem. Next stop is the world famous Simpson Gap which holds a significant cultural place in the local Aboriginal community and their dreamtime stories. To finish up our time in the beautiful Western MacDonnell Ranges we enjoy the setting sun on the way back to Alice Springs where you will be dropped back at the YHA for your final night.Tour Departs from Alice Springs-
April, September to November and January to March – Tuesday and Saturday.
May to August and December – Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
or 08 8952 8855 to obtain availability.Package commencement date is from first night of accommodation.
Travel insurance is COMPULSORY – If you cannot produce a valid Travel Insurance Certificate on departure you will not be allowed to join the tour and NO refund will be offered.
- Package includes 2FREE nights multishare accommodation at
Alice Springs YHA. 1 night before and 1
night after your tour.
- 4 Day Red Centre 4WD Explorer Tour with, with an experienced
- Pick up and drop off at Alice Springs YHA
- All meals whilst on tour, unless specified
- All entrance fees included
- Camp in permanent tents
- Travel in a comfortable air conditioned coach
- Luggage storage for excess luggage available at Alice
- Tour departs Alice Springs YHA at 5:30am and arrives back
January to April and September to November – Monday and Saturday.
May to August and December – Monday, Thursday and Saturday.
Tour also departs selected Tuesdays.
Please contact email@example.com or 08 8952 8855 to obtain availability.
From 01 April 2015 until 31 March 2016
Some price options may not be available and Tours & Activities must be booked at least five days prior to the end of their current season and not more than six months in advance.
Things you should know
Important Product Information
Cancellation within 48 hours prior to commencement of package or no shows will incur a 100% cancellation fee, meaning no refund.
Cancellation outside of 48 hours will incur a minimum cancellation fee of AUD$25 per booking and can be up to 100% of the booking value. Fees will vary depending on the tour operator involved in the package.
Refunds are not available on unused portions of tour packages. Amendments:
Bookings can only be amended more than 14 days prior to commencement of package.
Amendments within 48 hours of commencement will be treated as a cancellation, and you will need to make a new booking.
Each amendment (not cancellation) after confirmation will incur an administration fee of AUD$25 per person, in addition to any fees imposed by the tour operator.
General Terms and Conditions
- Your credit card will be debited upon completion of the online booking process. Your booking is guaranteed once you receive a confirmation email from a YHA Travel & Tours consultant.
- In the unlikely event we cannot confirm your booking, we will refund the total amount to the credit card with which payment has been made within 7 days. YHA Travel & Tours and its suppliers are not liable in the event a tour or package is not available, and any refunds are restricted to the purchase price of the tour or package booked.
- All prices quoted are in Australian Dollars.
- If you selected a YHA Member rate, then avalid YHA/Hostelling International membership card has to be presented for each person booked when checking in. If you are unable to join prior to arrival, you must purchase a membership upon arrival at the hostel, or pay the price difference between the member and standard rates,
- YHA Travel & Tours will aim to respond to your booking within 48 hours by email. However, in some instances (for example during long weekends or public holidays) the response time may vary.
- Please note that only some hostels are suitable for wheelchair access. If in doubt please contact the individual hostel.
- The responsibility of YHA Travel & Tours in connection with 'Travel Deals' is limited to the sale of accommodation only. The sale of other services as described in the Travel Deals products is made by YHA Travel & Tours as agent only for the persons providing such other services and upon the condition that YHA Travel & Tours shall not be liable for any accidents, loss, injury, delay or damage caused by or arising out of the provision of or failure to provide any other such service.
- YHA Travel & Tours believes that the content of this website is correct at the time of publishing, but all prices and services described herein are subject to change or withdrawal without notice.
- YHA Travel & Tours will be under no obligation to any person as a result of any inaccuracy or misdescription to provide any services set out herein.
Cancellations and Amendments
If you need to cancel or amend your booking after we have confirmed, please notify us immediately by email or fax. On the booking confirmation print-out, you can find the email contact details. If you cancel or amend your booking after we have confirmed or fail to arrive on the nominated day, we will charge you the fees outlined in the specific product conditions.
We strongly advise you purchase adequate travel insurance to safeguard against any losses.
All prices and information stated on this booking request are subject to change. Please note that every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of all information on this website. However, YHA Travel & Tours does not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions.
Personal information is collected by YHA to provide products or services to you. If you wish to read our Privacy Statement please click here.