Check into Alice Springs YHA and get a good night’s rest before a busy day tomorrow. Day 1 – Alice Springs to Kings Canyon
It is an early start this morning but that will all be forgotten as we head into Kings Canyon. Get the legs moving as we take a spectacular 3 hour hike through the sandstone domes of the Lost City viewing the immense North and South Walls as we go. Descend into the Garden of Eden which is a little piece of paradise and for the brave a quick dip in the chilly water. We stop for a chance to freshen up at Curtin Springs before heading to our bush camp. Relax around the fire and curl up in your cosy swag under the spectacular night sky.Day 2 – Kata Tjuta and Uluru Sunset
We depart our camp just after sunrise and head to our campsite at Ayers Rock Resort where there is time to have a quick shower and get ready for the day. Our first destination is Kata Tjuta where we hike the beautiful Valley of the Winds. Feel the cultural significance as you are guided through and shown all the varieties of bush tucker. There is more chance to learn about the local Aboriginal people at the Cultural Centre. Tonight we enjoy dinner and a show of the setting sun over Uluru. The rock will change colour before your eyes and is a spectacular site.Day 3 – Uluru Sunrise to Alice Springs
It is another early morning start but you will not mind because the view of sunrise over Uluru is worth it. After seeing the sun rise we have time to complete The Mala Walk around the base of the world’s largest rock. Saying goodbye to Uluru we start to head home. There is a chance for an optional camel ride along the way (own expense) before arriving back into Alice Springs to rest up for your final night.
Tour departs - Daily from Alice Springs YHA at 5:30am and arrives back approximately 5:30pm.
Package commencement date is from first night of accommodation
Pick up OR drop off at Ayres Rock Resort may be available on request. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
or 08 8952 8855 prior to booking.
- 2 nights multishare accommodation at Alice Springs YHA. 1 night before and 1
night after your tour
- 3 Day Uluru Rock Tour with, with an experienced tour guide
- Pick up and drop off at Alice Springs YHA
- All meals whilst on tour
- Camp in swags under the stars
- Travel in a comfortable air conditioned coach
Daily from Alice Springs YHA at 5:30am and arrives back approximately 5:30pm.
From 01 April 2016 until 31 March 2017
Some price options may not be available and Tours & Activities must be booked at least five days prior to the end of their current season and not more than six months in advance.
Things you should know
Important Product Information
Cancellation within 48 hours prior to commencement of package or no shows will incur a 100% cancellation fee, meaning no refund.
Cancellation outside of 48 hours will incur a minimum cancellation fee of AUD$25 per booking and can be up to 100% of the booking value. Fees will vary depending on the tour operator involved in the package.
Refunds are not available on unused portions of tour packages. Amendments:
Bookings can only be amended more than 14 days prior to commencement of package.
Amendments within 48 hours of commencement will be treated as a cancellation, and you will need to make a new booking.
Each amendment (not cancellation) after confirmation will incur an administration fee of AUD$25 per person, in addition to any fees imposed by the tour operator.
General Terms and Conditions
- Your credit card will be debited upon completion of the online booking process. Your booking is guaranteed once you receive a confirmation email from a YHA Travel & Tours consultant.
- In the unlikely event we cannot confirm your booking, we will refund the total amount to the credit card with which payment has been made within 7 days. YHA Travel & Tours and its suppliers are not liable in the event a tour or package is not available, and any refunds are restricted to the purchase price of the tour or package booked.
- All prices quoted are in Australian Dollars.
- If you selected a YHA Member rate, then avalid YHA/Hostelling International membership card has to be presented for each person booked when checking in. If you are unable to join prior to arrival, you must purchase a membership upon arrival at the hostel, or pay the price difference between the member and standard rates,
- YHA Travel & Tours will aim to respond to your booking within 48 hours by email. However, in some instances (for example during long weekends or public holidays) the response time may vary.
- Please note that only some hostels are suitable for wheelchair access. If in doubt please contact the individual hostel.
- The responsibility of YHA Travel & Tours in connection with 'Travel Deals' is limited to the sale of accommodation only. The sale of other services as described in the Travel Deals products is made by YHA Travel & Tours as agent only for the persons providing such other services and upon the condition that YHA Travel & Tours shall not be liable for any accidents, loss, injury, delay or damage caused by or arising out of the provision of or failure to provide any other such service.
- YHA Travel & Tours believes that the content of this website is correct at the time of publishing, but all prices and services described herein are subject to change or withdrawal without notice.
- YHA Travel & Tours will be under no obligation to any person as a result of any inaccuracy or misdescription to provide any services set out herein.
Cancellations and Amendments
If you need to cancel or amend your booking after we have confirmed, please notify us immediately by email or fax. On the booking confirmation print-out, you can find the email contact details. If you cancel or amend your booking after we have confirmed or fail to arrive on the nominated day, we will charge you the fees outlined in the specific product conditions.
We strongly advise you purchase adequate travel insurance to safeguard against any losses.
All prices and information stated on this booking request are subject to change. Please note that every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of all information on this website. However, YHA Travel & Tours does not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions.
Personal information is collected by YHA to provide products or services to you. If you wish to read our Privacy Statement please click here.