Check into the Alice Springs YHA and rest up before beginning your outback adventure
Day 1 – Alice Springs to Uluru
It is a bright and early start this morning with a pick up at 5:45am to make the most of our journey. Arriving into Uluru National Park we stop for lunch and plan our afternoon adventure. Depending on the weather you can choose how you would like to experience Uluru.
Immerse yourself in the local Indigenous culture of the Anangu People with a visit to the Cultural centre. This includes an informative guided walk of the Mala walk and Mutitjulu Waterhole. Or perhaps you would prefer to tackle the full 10km Uluru Base Walk unguided, a great way to experience the full scale of this special ‘rock’. There is also the option for the Uluru climb unguided, weather permitting. (Please note Uluru is a sacred site and the Anangu people ask visitors to respect their culture by not climbing Uluru.
To finish a remarkable experience, we enjoy the Uluru sunset the best way possible, with a glass of sparkling wine in our hand. After this magical experience we head to our campsite for a hot shower and a hearty meal. Depending on your mood you can choose to sleep in a permanent 4 share safari tent (bunk beds) or in an Aussie Swag under millions of outback stars. (L,D)
Day 2 – Uluru Sunrise and Kata Tjuta to Kings Canyon
It is another early start this morning but it is worth it as we journey to our special spot to view the beautiful Uluru Sunrise. Once the sun is up we make our way to Kata Tjuta for a spectacular guided walk through the Valley of the Winds. Back at camp we say farewell to Uluru over lunch before we move out and continue the journey to our remote bush campsite in the Watarrka National Park. Freshen up with a hot shower and fill your belly with an authentic Aussie BBQ. Rest up after a big day in our permanent 4 share safari tent (bunk beds) or let the outback stars lure you to sleep in your Aussie swag. (B, L, D)
Day 3 – Kings Canyon Rim Walk and Alice Springs
There is no other place like Kings Canyon. We embark on the guided Kings Canyon Rim Walk and experience spectacular views of gorges and towering vertical walls. We stop at the Natural Amphitheatre, North and South walls and the exotic Garden of Eden.
Unfortunately after lunch it is time to hit the road again and head back to Alice Springs. Check into the Alice Springs YHA for your final night and dream of your amazing outback experience. (B, L)
Australia is a beautiful and remote place. While it is our intention to follow the itinerary as described, on occasion it may be necessary or desirable to make changes due to weather conditions and cultural significance.
- Package includes 2 nights multishare accommodation at Alice Springs YHA. 1 night before and 1 night after your tour
- 3 Day Uluru & Kings Canyon tour with, with an experienced and friendly tour guide
- Pick up and drop off at Alice Springs YHA
- All meals and drinking water on tour
- Sparkling wine at Uluru sunset
- All entrance and National Park fees included
- Camp in permanent tents or under the stars in swags
- Quality swags included
- Shower and toilet facilities on both nights
- Travel in a comfortable air conditioned bus
- Uluru National Park Fee Included
- Luggage storage for excess luggage available at Alice Springs YHA
Tour departs Alice Springs YHA at 5:45am and arrives back approximately 5:30pm
Tour departs - Daily from Alice Springs.
Package commencement date is from first night of accommodation
Pick up OR drop off at Ayres Rock Resort may be available on request. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 08 8952 8855 prior to booking.
From 01 April 2017 until 31 March 2018
Some price options may not be available and Tours & Activities must be booked at least five days prior to the end of their current season and not more than six months in advance.
Things you should know
Important Product Information
Cancellation and Amendment FeesCancellations:
Due to the discount offered and the structure of this package - it is non-refundable once confirmed.Amendments:
Each amendment (not cancellation) to the original booking, after confirmation will incur a fee of A$25 per person and per amendment.
Amendments are subject to availability.
General Terms and Conditions
- Your credit card will be debited upon completion of the online booking process. Your booking is guaranteed once you receive a confirmation email from a YHA Travel & Tours consultant.
- In the unlikely event we cannot confirm your booking, we will refund the total amount to the credit card with which payment has been made within 7 days. YHA Travel & Tours and its suppliers are not liable in the event a tour or package is not available, and any refunds are restricted to the purchase price of the tour or package booked.
- All prices quoted are in Australian Dollars.
- If you selected a YHA Member rate, then avalid YHA/Hostelling International membership card has to be presented for each person booked when checking in. If you are unable to join prior to arrival, you must purchase a membership upon arrival at the hostel, or pay the price difference between the member and standard rates,
- YHA Travel & Tours will aim to respond to your booking within 48 hours by email. However, in some instances (for example during long weekends or public holidays) the response time may vary.
- Please note that only some hostels are suitable for wheelchair access. If in doubt please contact the individual hostel.
- The responsibility of YHA Travel & Tours in connection with 'Travel Deals' is limited to the sale of accommodation only. The sale of other services as described in the Travel Deals products is made by YHA Travel & Tours as agent only for the persons providing such other services and upon the condition that YHA Travel & Tours shall not be liable for any accidents, loss, injury, delay or damage caused by or arising out of the provision of or failure to provide any other such service.
- YHA Travel & Tours believes that the content of this website is correct at the time of publishing, but all prices and services described herein are subject to change or withdrawal without notice.
- YHA Travel & Tours will be under no obligation to any person as a result of any inaccuracy or misdescription to provide any services set out herein.
Cancellations and Amendments
If you need to cancel or amend your booking after we have confirmed, please notify us immediately by email or fax. On the booking confirmation print-out, you can find the email contact details. If you cancel or amend your booking after we have confirmed or fail to arrive on the nominated day, we will charge you the fees outlined in the specific product conditions.
We strongly advise you purchase adequate travel insurance to safeguard against any losses.
All prices and information stated on this booking request are subject to change. Please note that every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of all information on this website. However, YHA Travel & Tours does not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions.
Personal information is collected by YHA to provide products or services to you. If you wish to read our Privacy Statement please click here.