Check into the Alice Springs YHA and rest up before you begin your outback adventure
Day 1 – Kata Tjuta and Uluru Sunset
It is a bright and early start this morning with a pick up at 6:00am to make the most of the day's journey. The first stop is a working outback camel farm. For the adventurous, you have the chance to go for a wander through the outback from on top of one of these interesting creatures. Next, we we drive towards the National Park where you will see Uluru rise in the distance. You will then head towards the stunning 36 domes that make up Kata Tjuta. After lunch, there will be an amazing hike where you will get to know the area much better. As the sky starts to darken, you will head to the viewing point and take in the breathtaking view of Sunset over Uluru. Enjoy a glass of bubbles and watch “The Rock” change colours before your eyes. Once the sun sets, head to camp to tuck into the famous 1000 star dinner, an outdoor candlelit feast of delicious native food and wine. (L,D)
Day 2 – Uluru Sunrise and Base Walk
It is another early start this morning, but you'll know it's worth it when you watch the fiery Uluru Sunrise. Get an idea of the sheer size of this majestic rock by taking an unguided Base Walk around the mesmerising monolith. You will then link up with our local Indigenous Guide and learn about the cultural significance of this iconic landform. You will take a guided Mala Walk before ending up at the Cultural Centre. There is a chance to buy local Indigenous arts and crafts before heading to an exclusive campsite in Watarrka National Park. (B, L, D)
Day 3 – Kings Canyon Rim Walk and Alice Springs
This morning it is time to get your hiking shoes on and explore the impressive formation of Kings Canyon. You will be left breathless by the sheer beauty of the Canyon as you hike through the Amphitheatre, Lost City, and the North and South Walls and descend into the spectacular Garden of Eden. After this adventurous hike, lunch is a welcomed site. It is back on the bus with a goodbye to the spectacular Red Centre as you head back into Alice Springs. (B, L)
Australia is a beautiful and remote place. While it is our intention to follow the itinerary as described, on occasion it may be necessary or desirable to make changes due to weather conditions and cultural significance.
- Package includes 2 nights multishare accommodation at Alice Springs YHA. 1 night before and 1 night after your tour
- 3 Day Uluru & Kings Canyon tour with, with an experienced and friendly tour guide
- Pick up and drop off at Alice Springs YHA
- 2 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches and 2 Dinners
- Uluru Sunset drinks
- 1000 star dinner
- Exclusive Native Foods menu with Aussie Bush Tucker
- All entrance and National Park fees included
- Camp in comfortable permanent tents with shared bathroom facilities
- Travel in a comfortable air conditioned bus
- Luggage storage for excess luggage available at Alice Springs YHA
Tour departs Alice Springs YHA at 6:00am and arrives back approximately 6:00pm
Tour departs - Daily from Alice Springs.
Package commencement date is from first night of accommodation
Pick up from Ayers Rock Resort may be available on request. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 08 8952 8855 prior to booking.
From 01 April 2017 until 31 March 2018
Some price options may not be available and Tours & Activities must be booked at least five days prior to the end of their current season and not more than six months in advance.
Things you should know
Important Product Information
Cancellation and Amendment FeesCancellations:
Due to the discount offered and the structure of this package - it is non-refundable once confirmed.Amendments:
Each amendment (not cancellation) to the original booking, after confirmation will incur a fee of A$25 per person and per amendment.
Amendments are subject to availability.
General Terms and Conditions
- Your credit card will be debited upon completion of the online booking process. Your booking is guaranteed once you receive a confirmation email from a YHA Travel & Tours consultant.
- In the unlikely event we cannot confirm your booking, we will refund the total amount to the credit card with which payment has been made within 7 days. YHA Travel & Tours and its suppliers are not liable in the event a tour or package is not available, and any refunds are restricted to the purchase price of the tour or package booked.
- All prices quoted are in Australian Dollars.
- If you selected a YHA Member rate, then avalid YHA/Hostelling International membership card has to be presented for each person booked when checking in. If you are unable to join prior to arrival, you must purchase a membership upon arrival at the hostel, or pay the price difference between the member and standard rates,
- YHA Travel & Tours will aim to respond to your booking within 48 hours by email. However, in some instances (for example during long weekends or public holidays) the response time may vary.
- Please note that only some hostels are suitable for wheelchair access. If in doubt please contact the individual hostel.
- The responsibility of YHA Travel & Tours in connection with 'Travel Deals' is limited to the sale of accommodation only. The sale of other services as described in the Travel Deals products is made by YHA Travel & Tours as agent only for the persons providing such other services and upon the condition that YHA Travel & Tours shall not be liable for any accidents, loss, injury, delay or damage caused by or arising out of the provision of or failure to provide any other such service.
- YHA Travel & Tours believes that the content of this website is correct at the time of publishing, but all prices and services described herein are subject to change or withdrawal without notice.
- YHA Travel & Tours will be under no obligation to any person as a result of any inaccuracy or misdescription to provide any services set out herein.
Cancellations and Amendments
If you need to cancel or amend your booking after we have confirmed, please notify us immediately by email or fax. On the booking confirmation print-out, you can find the email contact details. If you cancel or amend your booking after we have confirmed or fail to arrive on the nominated day, we will charge you the fees outlined in the specific product conditions.
We strongly advise you purchase adequate travel insurance to safeguard against any losses.
All prices and information stated on this booking request are subject to change. Please note that every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of all information on this website. However, YHA Travel & Tours does not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions.
Personal information is collected by YHA to provide products or services to you. If you wish to read our Privacy Statement please click here.